Chapter 13

Chapter 13

-

(Katniss' pov)

"I'm going to be a father?" He asks still not believing me, "Yes Peeta, your going to be a father, we're going to have a family!" I reply, he's still in shock but comes over to me, he starts hugging me and smothering me in kisses. He's so happy that it makes me even happier about starting a family, yeah I'm scarred about failing this baby but I have Peeta here to help me. "Katniss, how?" He asks me, "Our engagement night!" I reply. He looks at me, I know he's trying to work out now far along I am, "I'm nearly two months gone Peeta" I tell him, "Two months! So we only have to wait another 7 months till we get to see out little ray of sunshine!!" He tells me, he's so excited that he gets to be a dad! "I can't believe I've gone two months without knowing! I know my belly looks bigger but I just thought it was all the cakes and cheese buns!" I tell him whilst rubbing my stomach. "So when should we tell everyone?" Peeta asks excitedly, "I don't want to tell anyone yet. I want it to just be between me and you, I don't want to tell everyone because then the newspapers will find out, they'll publish stories about me being pregnant and wondering who the other person is because we haven't told them about me and you yet" I reply, "So, when you start showing?" He ask me again, "Peeta, we can tell them when I start showing big time, and then we can also announce our engagement at the same time so they know you're the father to my child" I tell him, "If that's what makes you comfortable then we'll do it that way" he tells me as he places his hands on my stomach and kisses me on the lips.

(Peetas pov)

{1 week later}

1 week ago today the love of my life announced she was carrying our child! I still can't believe I'm going to be a father! I can't wait to tell everyone about the baby but I know I have to wait till Katniss is ready.

I'm on my way home from the bakery, I head up the stairs to our front door, I stop suddenly when I hear crying..it's Katniss! I burst through the door and run over to the couch where she is sitting, holding a newspaper in her hands. I take it from her lap, I can't believe what I'm reading...'KATNISS EVERDEEN PREGNANT! BUT WHO'S THE FATHER?' I look up at Katniss who is still crying. "Peeta you promised you wouldn't tell anyone!!" She screamed at me, "Katniss it wasn't me! Why would I tell the papers when I want it to be a secret?!" I tell her trying to calm her down, "NOBODY ELSE KNOWS PEETA! I ONLY TOLD YOU!" She screams at me and storms off upstairs, I hear the door of our room lock.

Looks like I'm sleeping in the couch tonight...