Chapter 12

Chapter 12

-

(Peeta's pov)

It's been two months since I proposed to Katniss, we've never been happier. Although she is acting a bit weird around me at the moment, it's like she's hiding something. "Morning beautiful" I say as she walks down the stairs, she heads to the table and I hand her her breakfast. Once we're finished eating I go to wash the dishes up, "Are you going to the bakery today?" She asks me, "Yeah, I need to help the boys, ever since the reopening of the bakery we've been really busy, so I need to help them today, is that okay?" I reply, "Of course, I need to go to town anyway" she then gets up to leave.

(Katniss' pov)

Me and Peeta head to the front door together, he gives me a peck on the lips and heads to the bakery.

I need to tell him but I don't know how? I only found out the other day, I know he's going to be so happy when he finds out I'm pregnant! I start walking to the bakery trying to figure out how I'll tell him...I have the perfect plan!

"Hi Peeta" I say to him, I walk over to him and give him a peck in the lips. "What are you doing here?" He asks me looking confused. "I thought I'd surprise you.. Surprise!" I tell him laughing. I spot a perfect cupcake in the window, "Peeta..can I have that cupcake please" I ask him with puppy dog eyes, "Katniss you're my fiancée, you can have anything in this bakery" he tells me as he hands me the cupcake. "I've been craving cupcakes for a while..." Trying to give him a hint, he doesn't notice it. "Can you believe it, I also don't fit into my trousers anymore!" I tell him, trying to give him more hints. He still doesn't notice. "Peeta!" I shout at him "What's wrong Katniss?!" He asks me, he looks scarred. "Nothing's wrong I wanted to get your attention, what do you think of this colour for the baby's room?" I ask him pointing to the colour of the frosting. "T..the b..baby" he's frozen, "Yes Peeta...I'm pregnant!" ....