The Lavery Twins - Chapter 25

ابدأ من البداية

"Holly?" My dad asked in alarm as I pulled back to look at him. My dad looked worried, and I felt the tears stream down my face as I burried my face back into his shoulder.

"Dad, I....I...." I didn't know how to tell him this. My dad looked at Matt and Shane like his sons, as Grace and Ken looked at me like the daughter they never had. I feel like I completely ruined everything.

"I love Shane, dad."

I felt my dad stiffen for a second, and I shut my eyes bracing myself for whatever, and hesitantly pulled away so I could see his face. My dad looked at me, and the corner of his mouth pulled into a crooked grin.

"I had a feeling this would happen," he shrugged, smiling at me as he patted my back. I stared at him in disbelief.

"Really?" I asked, a bit shocked. My dad saw this coming?

"Yeah, I mean, I may be old, but I'm not stupid." His eyes glinted knowingly as he poked me. "I see the way that boy looks at you. I know he's had it bad for you for a long time. But Shane is a great boy, I'm not surprised my daughter stole his heart."

I felt my heart clench in my chest, and as happy I felt about all this, something in the back of my mind was tugging at me, which made my face fall in doubt. My dad looked at me questioningly.

"There's also Matt, dad." I told him, blinking as unsure as I was. "I don't know exactly what's going on. But, I feel like I'm trapped, dad. Between Matt and Shane, and I don't know what to do."

My dad sighed as he nodded understandingly. "Well Holls, the only thing I can tell you is to listen to your heart. You can't blame yourself for falling into this mess, because I probably would too if I was you."

I choked back a laugh as I rolled my eyes.

"But," My dad continued, looking at me. "You have to think about yourself. I know that no matter what happens, both those boys will still look at you as the same Holly they've known their whole lives. Sure, teenage years are rough, but you need to figure out who makes you feel better as a person, not....not....you know...."

"Sexually?" I cringed, raising my eyebrows at him. My dad coughed awkwardly.

"Sure." Then he gave me a stern look. "You didn't.....you know...."

"Uh, no, dad," My eyes widened, and I chuckled as I nudged him. "This cherry is not popping for a while."

"Um, gee Holly thanks for ruining a perfect father-daughter conversation," My dad pretended to grimace in disgust. I sniffed and laughed.

"Sorry," I ruffled his hair, then sighed as I looked at him. "So, you're telling me what Ally and everyone tells me."

My dad's lips stretched into a smirk. "Ally gave you love advice? That's kind of funny."

I laughed, and shook my head as I sniffed again, wiping the remaining tears on my face. "Do I look like a racoon?"

"Yes."

I laughed again, wiping under my eyes to attempt to wipe away the smudges. "Thanks for letting me pour my love problems onto you, dad."

"Don't worry," My dad smiled. "I want you to know you can talk to me about anything."

I felt my heart clench at his words, and I wiped my face as I smiled at him. "Aw daddy."

"You should probably get off my lap though" he smirked at me. "You're not exactly a feather anymore."

I scoffed, and hopped off his lap as I slumped into the chair next to his, smirking. "Thanks, dad."

My dad chuckled, and suddenly loud cracklings in the sky startled the both of us, and when I looked up I saw the fireworks starting. I had the urge to cover my ears at how extremely loud they were. I leaned back as I watched all the different colours explode into the sky, and put my arms behind my head.