Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Emergence of Emotion

"I think I'm in love."

"N-Nani?" Naruto stepped back, his blue eyes growing to the size of dinner plates.

I moved my shaky hands through my thick hair.

Damn it.

"W-well then..." Naruto regained some amount of his composure, "You're not going to have any trouble winning her over."

I snapped my head up at him.

"Why?" I questioned, my brows knitted together.

He sighed loudly.

"Because she already likes you."

I cocked a brow.

"That was in junior high..."

Naruto shook his head.

"She's always liked you. Loved you even." The blonde boy looked away, biting back the pain that threatened to reveal itself. "And I can see that she still does up to now."

I looked down at my hands.

"So she is just another fan girl..." I spat, disappointed.

"Sasuke..." Naruto walked over to my desk and sat near it, "I've been in love with Sakura for as long as she's been in love with you."

I nodded for him to continue.

"I can tell when someone feels that deeply for another person." Naruto's voice became choked. "So please. Believe me when I say that she isn't after your looks or money or anything of that sort. She just wants you. Because she loves you."

I stared deeply into Naruto's eyes, hanging onto his every word.

He came closer to me and lowered his voice.

"Please give her a chance. You love her and she loves you. Act on it... For my sake."

I nodded silently.

Naruto gave a small smile, his features lined with sorrow. I just destroyed everything for him.

"Naruto..." I sighed, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." He looked out the window, "As long as I get to see her smile, I'll know I'll be alright."

"You know," I began, my eyes focusing on a head of violet, "Sakura's not the only girl out there."

Naruto glanced at me.

"What?"

My eyes unintentionally shifted to Ino randomly leaving the table with a spring in her step. However, I quickly drew my gaze toward the person I wanted Naruto to see.

I gestured with my head at Hinata sitting down, reading a book amongst her friends.

Naruto stared at the shy girl, his eyes glinting with faint hope.

"Hinata's into you." I said nonchalantly.

His cheeks went pink and he snapped his gaze away from her.

"Nawh, she isn't." He scratched the back of his head.

"She is."

"How do you know?"

A smirk slowly emerged on my face as I repeated his almost exact words.

"I've seen the way she looks at you. It's a look of attraction."

"Pffft" Naruto waved his hand in repudiation.

"You really think that her fainting every time she sees you is normal?"