Update from author

Damn I don't even know where to start...
Hey guys 🥺🥺🥺 I've missed you all. I know I've apologised within every chapter of this book but at this point it's the only form of consistency I have with Bubblegum Maid.

It's been so fkin long and I deeply apologise for not updating this book. Ima be honest, life got real fucked up and I lost interest in writing all together.

I was drafting chapter 13 for a while, until I lost all my data from my hard drive and gave up completely. I have a lot to say here so I'll try keep it brief.

However  before anything, I want to express my most sincerest gratitude to all of you readers. I would have never imagined the type of attention this small hobby of mine garnered and the outpouring of love from all of you. You all gave me the motivation and strength to keep writing, even at the most challenging of times. So thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 🥺💕💕💖💖💜

With that being said, here is my dilemma:

1. This book is hella cringe

When I first started this I was 14, and now I'm almost 22. I would have never expected it to blow up in the way that it did, but I also didn't expect to mature in a way that would make me reflect on this book with both endearing nostalgia and overwhelming self loathing. Apart from the fact that it makes me wanna puke reading all my old material, I have undoubtedly shifted a lot of my values and morals since that time.

There are a lot of themes in this book that I now find really distasteful, misogynistic, and overall creepy. Part of me blames my own experiences for how I chose to portray sensitive topics, or entangle them into the plot, but ultimately it was in poor taste and I detest a lot of what I had written as an edgy teen.

2. I have but the vaguest recollection of how I had planned to progress and subsequently end this book.

Like I said, I lost most of it when my hard drive fried, but I still remember how I wanted it to turn out. Do I like the ending now? Not particularly, but it made sense at the time. The question is whether to push forward and do it anyway, change it, or leave it incomplete.

Which brings me to my last point.

3. I really don't know where this is headed.

As mentioned, I lost most of my motivation and ability to write. A lot has happened in these past few years, not just in my life, but the entire world has gone through enormous shifts and challenges. I am now at a point in my life where I am ready to pick writing back up again, though I am far busier than I have ever been.

With that being said though, I'm not entirely sure if this book will continue. I don't want to put the weight of my decision on your shoulders, but if it weren't for the occasional votes and comments I still get, popping into my notifications, I wouldn't even be writing this.

You all inspired me to keep going before, and I wonder now, if you all still have the power to push me once more.

However, if I do decide to continue, much of the original content will be thoroughly reviewed and cleaned up. I have been pulling loose threads here and there from this cringey material, but it would need a complete overhaul. I doubt I can live up to the expectations you all once had of me, but if I felt that the love was still there, it would really push me to complete this. I owe you all that much.

Otherwise, I don't see this book becoming anything other than a ghost of my past, something I show to my friends to laugh at or for me to reminisce on.

The options I have now: 😕

Ultimately, I leave it to you all. What are your thoughts and opinions? Please let me know. I love you all so much and I am so grateful. I would hate to disappoint you any more than I already have, but I also need to be realistic about my own expectations and capabilities.

You say the word go and I will.

And if you want me to leave it as a relic, that's totally fine too.

Eitherway, I know that everything that has lead up to this point has been well worth it 🥺

Before I go, I want to reiterate my gratitude. You have all been nothing short of incredible throughout this journey, and have gifted me for years with such warmth, support and strength. I really could not have done this book without you.

Anyway, I leave you with a hearty hello and goodbye and I hope I get to hear from you all soon.

Lots of love to you my dearest, loyal readers and friends.

Unicorns_say_rawr

🤮bruh my username😫😫