Chapter 6

Chapter 6: First day of work

Sakura's POV

I walked into the front door of the great Uchiha mansion with Sasuke by my side, to see Orochimaru talking with Mr and Mrs Uchiha.

I stopped in my tracks with wide eyes.

Orochimaru...

My mistress and Headmaster or head of the house (Mr Uchiha) both stopped talking and turned to face Sasuke and I. Orochimaru clasped his hands together evilly, held out in front of him, and grinned at me.

"Well, Well," he slowly walked towards me, the grin still malevolently plastered on his face. "Look who's come to help her poor little parents."

I clenched my fists at my side and fixed him with a mean stare. He has no right to be prying on anyone's business. Not mine, not Sasuke's. I never liked him either. He hasn't ever seemed like the honest and kind-hearted business boss. Not that there are many, anyway. The Uchiha parents looked uncomfortable and Mikoto frantically looked from me to Orochimaru's back with a nervous expression on her face.

"Umm, Sasuke. Maybe you might like to show Sakura her schedule," she said nervously, still glancing at my enemy's back. "Where is your uniform?"

"Uhh... I kinda forgot it at home," I scratched the back of my head with a sheepish look.

Mikoto gestured with her head in the direction of the stairs, which most likely meant she wanted me to go with Sasuke to borrow a spare uniform set.

Sasuke grunted and started walking to the stairs. I followed closely behind his back while giving Orochimaru a death stare. My mouth thinned to a line when I saw that his face was still smug as usual.

After walking up the massive stairs, Sasuke and I walked down a long corridor and soon stopped at a small door. He opened it and I soon realised that it was an inbuilt cupboard, completely full of shelves lined with maid uniforms.

"Size?" His eyes didn't wonder from the shelves.

"12"

He shuffled some of the maid uniforms aside and pulled out a set. He handed it to me and led me down to the maid bathrooms so that I could put it on.

After I came out of the bathroom I was kinda surprised to see Sasuke looking at my body up and down before recomposing his usual poised look.

"Wait here." he said before striding down the long hallway and leaving me standing in front of the bathroom in confusion.

I waited for a few minutes, checking myself out in this sexy as uniform, until the face of one of the young cooks caught my eye. We both stared at each other for a few seconds and he smiled before walking past with a pot in his hands.

Sasuke came back and handed me a small piece of paper with a small list of jobs to do around the house:

Jobs:

- Vacuum main hallway

- Mop kitchen and bathroom floors

- Clean instruments in the studio

- Dust and vacuum Itachi's room

After looking a the paper, I bowed to Sasuke and he simply nodded back, before walking back down the hallway.

For a few hours I had vacuumed rooms, mopped floors and dust various things. It was 5pm and I had nearly finished my jobs. All I had left to do was cleaning Itachi's room.

I made my way down to Itachi's room (yes, in these few hours I have finally managed to find my way around most of the mansion) with cleaning equipment in my hands.