Chapter 24

Mark (I've actually missed him😩)

Everything is arranged I've got the house the money the job all I need is my angel to complete me.

Right now, I'm out at a bakery getting a very delicious chocolate lava cake for her, I've heard about what happened to her cousin and I honestly feel for her I wonder what's she doing right now.

The young lady behind the counter gives me a box that my cake lies in, I thank her and hand her my card.

"Handsome man like you shouldn't be alone" she says seductively, I chuckle lightly trying to be nice.

"This cake is actually for my girlfriend" I say politely as she hands me my receipt along with my card.

"Well, that's too bad, she's a lucky girl" I wave at her before exiting the shop even though she was a beautiful girl I didn't find her attractive in that way only Abby my angel.

Walking back to my car I place the cake in the passenger's seat carefully not to ruin it before I give it to her, all of a sudden someone bumped into me almost knocking the cake out of my grasp. I sigh in relief as I see the cake seated perfectly in the seat but now, I'm going to scowled whoever couldn't watch where they were going.

"Listen her-"

"Mark" my eyes flicker down to the beauty standing before me, this is my first time seeing her in forever and I couldn't help the smile on my face.

Her voice is still as sweet as I remember and her body matured more in a good way, her face was just as beautiful as the day I last saw her. I can't believe she's standing in front of me right now.

"Abby oh my god" I don't think twice before I pick her up and twirling her around, she giggles loudly holding the same excitement in her eyes as me.

I've missed her so much.

"Where's Stacy?" She asks, I place her down but still keeping my arm around her waist where it belonged.

"We've been broken up for some time now"

"Really!? I thought you two were still together"

"No, we aren't, it wasn't working so I had to break it to her my heart wasn't with her anymore especially after seeing her and Zack in bed together when I came home" I tell her, I wasn't sad about it I was actually amused by it seeing Zack act like he isn't a player anymore.

He came here to try and take Abby away from me but instead he went after the wrong girl, he slept with Stacy of all people when he knew Abby was here that much I would never understand. I didn't want to know it wasn't my business.

"Wow I'm so sorry Mark, how are you" she asks me sympathetically, I chuckle and gaze down at her worried face it's so like her to be worried about others she has such a sweetheart.

"I'm fine Abby but I heard about your cousin I'm sorry" I say to her, she smiled but I could tell she was still saddened about his disappearance.

"Thank you but I know we'll find him and after I do, I'm going to scowled him for leaving and not telling anyone"

I laugh and hug her again she's still the same as I remember her feisty but also sweet self.

"I was actually going to come by and drop you off something" I tell her while still hugging her, she pushed back a little looking up to face me while my arms are still around her waist.

"And What is it"

"I can't say it's a surprise"

"Mark!"

"Okay but only if you come with me, I'll let you have it"

"It better be good then my boyfriend is expecting me in two hours for a date night" it affected me her saying she had a boyfriend, but I try my best to hide it with a fake smile.

I kiss the top of her head and make my way to the driver's seat as she gets in the passengers with the cake seated in her lap.

"Hurry up this cake looks too good to waste!" I laugh at her pouting lips as I speed off towards our home.
*****
We exit the car with Abby running to the door excitedly like a child in a candy store.

"This house is so amazing!" She squealed looking at everything from outside. She might have had a handful of icing in the car but it's okay.

Once I open the door, she made her way in search for the kitchen until she found it. I watch as her runs her hands over the counter tops, the sight was breathtaking her standing in our kitchen wondering around in it.

I watch from good distance as she placed two glass plates from the cabinets it was as if she knew where everything was already. It was her kitchen I designed it just for her.

"This is really beautiful Mark, I love these marble counter tops" I smile I always knew how she wanted her dress home ; I remember her talking about it with me in our past but now I've made her dream home come to life and so far, she's living it.

"I actually helped build it"

"You built this!?" She squeals in disbelief, I wanted this to be special, so I did a few touches here and there in the house.

"a little bit of everything so far but it isn't done yet"

"What else do you need to do with it" she hands me a plate with a slice of cake on it, I accept, and we sit down together.

"Well, I have three guest rooms that needs to be done. My room isn't all the finished, ugh and I want to do something with the backyard, but I don't know what" I tell her, her eyes sparkled, and her lips curled into a huge smile.

"I can do that!" She yelled

"I wouldn't want to bother you with all of this" I lie, I wanted her to fix the house up with me it's me at for the both of us anyway.

The guest rooms where actually kids' rooms so I'll have to pick a color meant for kids instead of adults. I know that she's going to be happy once she realizes that I planned our future home that we both worked on together. We can tell our children and give them a good coming up living in our dream home.

This is just the beginning.

"You could never bother me Mark and besides I missed my best friend" I smile warmly at her.

"I've missed you to Abby" we hug until she slides the fork that holds her cake into her mouth, I laugh at her silliness and so does she.

I missed us, soon we will be together.
*********************

Vote comment share 💕