Put me to the test, I'll prove that I am strong.

Matthew walked down the sidewalk, heading back to his Gold coast apartment with a bag of groceries tucked under one arm. His phone pinged with a text.

How are you?

Damien, his monthly Mika check right on schedule. Matthew sighed. His brother insisted he was over her. Yeah, right. Ever since Damien had graduated from the University and returned to Chicago, he'd used Matthew as a way to stay connected. Watching her from afar: asking about Andrew, asking if they had any plans, asking about the wedding. He just couldn't let go. It was borderline creeper.

Good, you? Matthew's thumb slid across his phone to answer one-handed.

There's no way I'm going to tell him. Tomorrow was the funeral and Matthew hadn't seen Mika yet. He wasn't sure what to expect. Damien would only complicate things. Mika's dealing with enough right now. They didn't need his obsessed mind reading brother in the middle of it all. Damien would find out eventually, but Matthew would cross that bridge when it came.

I'm doing well. Would you like to get together for dinner?

You should be asking a girl this question, bro. Matthew shook his head as he stepped onto the elevator in his building. He loved his brother dearly and had helped him with school and to purchase the shop Damien now ran, but sometimes he just had to shake his head. There was so much more his brother could be doing, experiencing. An incubus with their powers? It was amazingly easy to find success in the human world; to make a place for yourself, once you learned how everything worked. With Damien's mind reading, Matthew could have been even further ahead.

We could do it another time. It doesn't have to be tonight. Damien added.

Matthew opened his apartment door to a surprise. Black lace lingerie with black cat ears, Sarah was sitting on the wet bar in his apartment. A tail stuck up from the back of her garter belt to complete the costume. Her heels were perched on a stool in front of her and her knees spread in invitation when she saw him watching. She looked sexy and adorable. Looks like the fight's over.

Another time, I have a meeting tonight. Matthew closed the door behind him and his ex-girlfriend smiled.

ok

I'll call you. Maybe later this week?

Sure. My treat. Matthew ended the conversation and dropped the groceries and phone on the bar beside Sarah before propping his hands on either side of her.

"Mew." She leaned forward, scratching her painted nails against his shirt before snagging his tie and pulling him closer.

"Hey, little kitty." He gave a sly smile as he studied the blond's lips. "You don't bite, do you?"

She giggled. "Maybe a little nip."

"Nip?" He chuckled, reaching for her bra and tugging the fabric down to expose her breast. "Or do you mean the other nip?"

Matthew reached into his pocket and pulled out a little felt sun, stuffed with catmint. Sarah laughed and he smiled broadly.

"Only you would have a pocket full of sunshine." She giggled again as she took it from him and rubbed it under her chin. "Do you have any other toys in there?" She reached for his blazer, unbuttoning it before checking the jacket's pockets only to find them empty.

"You mean such as this?" He reached back in and pulled out a fluffy white feather, tickling her with it until she bat at it, the two of them grinning.

"How do you do that?" she asked between giggles.

"Magic."

"Magic? Do it again."