How Everything Started (2)

A continuation

Ming's POV

Over the weekend, I sent some messages to Von, explaining my situation to him, and how I tried to convince my parents to forfeit the engagement. Monday came and we haven't had a decent conversation at all, well he's likely avoiding me for that matter. I tried talking to him as much as possible, but he just brush me off, Yo too, he seemed to shut people out.

By lunch, we became hopeless and didn't strike any conversation to him at all, he doesn't talk to anyone, we became desperate and tried convincing Runa to talk to him. Explaining it to him how this engagement is not by our will, which gladly, she agrees.

We hadn't talk to him during dismissal since we were fetched early, we will try to do our best the next day.

~
The next morning was a delight, Von started talking to us again, we sigh in relief knowing everything is okay between us. He forgave me and understands my current situation, I reassured him that I will break off the engagement with Runa no matter what, he just smiled.

"That won't be easy. It's okay for me, I mean, it's all one sided after all." He declared while suppressing a smile. We patted his back and everything went back to normal again.

Until, a week later, misfortune stumbled upon me once again. Runa, Von, Yo and I decided to hang out at the bleachers just like the way before, being friends, no malice.

"Guys, may I talk to Ming for a minute? Privately please?" Runa asked all of a sudden. Von, Yo and I were confused, but nodded our head in agreement. Von and Yo decided to buy some refreshments while sparing us some private time.

~
"Runa! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I whined after hearing what Runa said.

"I'm too afraid okay!" She rolled her eyes.

"Sheesh! Anyway, let's go fetch them, they're taking too long just to buy some drinks." I offered and stood up, she nodded and stood up also. I went down a few steps and offered a hand at her, she took it slowly and walked down the bleachers. As a gentleman, I should do this to a lady, that's what my mom taught me.

But like I said, misfortune stumbled upon me as soon as I step foot on the ground, my foot twisted a little making me unbalance and dragging Runa with me as I fell to the ground, she was hovering on top of me. Her lips touched mine and both our eyes grew wide. Not that it was my first kiss, but the fact the we kissed! I immediately shoved her gently and stood up, offering a hand at her again. She took it and stood once again.

"Sorry." I immediately apologized.

A sudden sound caught our attention and saw Yo and Von standing not far from us. The bottle was on the ground, rolling to one side. Von immediately ran and I chased him, soon after Yo followed.

After running a mile or so, I finally catched up to Von. As soon as I was able to hold his arm and twist his body towards us, he landed a punch on my face which threw me on the ground.

"What the hell Von?!" I shouted while holding the side of my face which got hit. He is furious, his face is so red from all those rage.

"You know my feelings towards Runa Ming, you know it!!" He screamed at my face. Yo helped me get up and assist me to stand.

"Von, calm down, we should hear Ming's explanation first." Yo reasoned out, Von smirked at his comment.

"Explanation? I'm too tired hearing those bull all my life! And what we saw there doesn't need any explanations Yo." Von shouted.

"Von, you got it all wrong. I was helping Runa walk down from the bleachers, but I twisted my foot and dragged Runa along with me, we ended in that position when we reached the ground." I explained, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Yeah right, I'm so tired hearing those excuses Ming. I give up. You could have her all you want! I don't wanna be friends with you anymore." He announced started walking away, tears started escaping my eyes.

"So you're gonna give up our friendship because of a girl?! Why is that Von? Is Ming's explanation not enough?" Yo voiced out, making Von halt from his steps.

"I don't wanna be friends with a person who does such treason." He shouted and walked away.

Yo and I stood there, helpless. Our friendship with Von was over, I can't process it completely, but it shattered my heart, our heart. He was our bestfriend too, but he cut it off. We cried, both of us, we lost a friend, and all because of a girl, but I'm not blaming her, it was because of a simple stupid misunderstanding.

Starting from that afternoon, we never saw Von again, he was absent from classes, he never picks up our calls, we tried going to his house, only to be shooed away by his servants.

~
Weeks, months passed and we never heard from Von nor from his family, all I know is they transferred overseas. When we thought it was over, we were mistaken.

One time, we suddenly heard our dog bark nonstop, its name is Blue since its eyes are blue. He kept on barking all night, making us a little bit agitated, as I was about to go check on him, he suddenly stopped, making me relief. The next morning, a piercing cry came from one of our servants, I ran up to the backyard where the sound came from and saw blood all over the lawn, and our dog, lying, with his eyes out, blood all over, skin completely shattered and a knife beside it, one word. It was gruesome!

Who in the world could have done it?! I swear I could murder that person right there, right now. Soon after, my parents came out and saw the tragic event, mom covered my eyes, but it was useless since I've seen it all! I cried and cried, that was my dog whom I've treasured like a brother, aside from Yo, and now he was killed, murdered!

Another servant noticed a note and picked it, she handed over to a male one and he read it aloud. 

My gift for you.
                     Von

It was written with blood, I clench my fists knowing Von is the culprit. Why must he go for the extremes just to get his revenge on me?! I asked myself and cried at my mom's embrace.

That tragic event was not the only one, there was one time where he showed himself, beat me to death, gladly, one of my servants saw him and he ran away. That incident brought me to the hospital, making my parents furious, so does Yo's family, they took the matters to their own hands.

Once they secured everything we transferred to another place, far from that horrid place where bad memories were made. Yo's family also transferred fearing that Yo might get involve, both families did their best to hide the information about the transfer of homes and others.

This place is a new place for us, a new beginning for us to make. During 7th grade, we transferred to a school where Yo met his lover and I met mine.