{37} Nightly Surprises

October 3rd, 2021

P.o.V Malia

"Malia? Hey, Lia!" I jumped when someone touched my shoulder.
"Oh my god, Stiles! I'm pregnant. Don't you dare scaring me like that!"
"I'm sorry. Are you okay?"
"Once my heart starts beating again, yeah."
"Sorry."
"Stop apologizing. What are you doing here? It's 3 am."
I looked at him concerned.
"I...I love you?"
My jar dropped.
"Stiles."
He didn't look at me.
"Stiles!"
"I-I-I...I'm sorry. Forget what I just said."
Then he left.
"Stiles Stilinski! Come back! Now!"
But he didn't. He was gone. How could he tell me he loved me and then just leave?! I huffed and fell back into the pillows. Beneath me I heard a muffled "ouch". Next thing I knew I was turned around and trapped between Theo's arms.
"You broke my nose."
I laughed and pushed myself up a bit to kiss his injured nose. He flinched.
"Not sorry."
"Oh, really?" He crooked one eyebrow and looked at me questionably. I knew I was playing with fire.
"Really."
Suddenly he got up. I was confused. I heard him laugh and saw his bright yellow eyes shine on the other side of the room. Theo looked at me and seemed to see right through me. A pillow flew through the air into my face.
"Hey!" I took the pillow and threw it back at him. After ten minutes our pillowfight stopped and we went back to bed.
"Sweetheart, are you okay? You seem not to be really here."
"What are you talking about? I'm right next to you."
"Right but your thoughts are somewhere far away."
"It's just about the baby.", I lied. He would buy it.
"Wake me, if something's wrong, alright, sweety?"
"Sure, babe."
"Goodnight."
I was lying awake for something that felt like hours and quietly crying. It had been eight - fucking - years since I broke up with Stiles and he still loved me? Why did he do this to me? Why did he tell me? To make me feel even worse? I had told him four years ago that I regretted my decision the second my words came out of my mouth. I still felt guilty and wondered how my life would be now, if I had never broken up with Stiles. Maybe I even still had those feelings but I really did love Theo. What the hell was I supposed to do?! I got up and left the room as quiet as possible when you are pregnant in sixth month and went to Al's and Scott's room. I didn't knock or anything, I just entered. They were still awake and talked. I had heard their moans till 3 am and after a little look to the clock I realised that just 45 minutes had passed since Stiles came to Scallison's guestroom.
"Holy shit, Mal!" Al jumped and pulled the covers over her and her husband entirely. Scott chuckled. He had heard me.
"Guys, I need help." I got into their bed between the couple. They looked at me confused. I went on.
"Stiles just came to my room."
"Oh, what did he do?" Al huffed. She knew him for 20 years and was perfectly aware of how accurate this reaction was to whatever I was going to tell my two best friends in the world.
"He said 'I love you'."
Scott raised his eyebrow and Allison gasped.
"What happened after that?"
"What do you think, McCall? He jumped into my bed and I had the best sex ever with Theo lying right next to me asleep."
"Are you for real?"
"You familiar with the term sarcasm, McCall?"
"Are you familiar with the term marriage? My last name is Argent for god's sake."
"If I would call you Argent, your wife would feel like I talked to her. And for your information, he told me to forget what he said and left."
"He didn't!" Al was shook.
"He did."
"Holy shit."
Both of them hugged me and after a while I finally fell asleep between two of the people I loved most.