{25} Break Up

August 31st, 2013

P.o.V Stiles

I was walking around my room nervously. Malia could probably hear my racing heart.
"Malia? I think we need to talk."
"So do I."
She closed the book she was reading and looked at me. How come I didn't notice the black circles under her eyes and their sad look? I loved her! I was such an idiot! I broke my promise. I left her behind. I took a deep breath to suppress the hate I felt for myself.
"What happened to us?"
"I don't know. But I can't do this anymore. You don't even notice me and it breaks my heart. I love you, Stiles but right now I can't do this."
No. No no no no no. No, you're not doing this. You can't.
"Are...are you breaking up with me? "
"Yes. Stiles, I love you but I can't do this anymore. It hurts me and I see the way you look at her. I'm sorry."
"Malia, don't do this. Please! We can figure something out! I want you. Only you."
She knew I wasn't lying. I would never lie to her. Malia would figure it out anyways. She was a creature of the night after all. I really wanted her. Not Lydia, not anyone else. Only Malia Elizabeth Hale. My first love.
"I notice more than you think I do. You have a crush on her and I won't be in your way. I have to do this. I'm sorry but I can't be in a relationship that breaks me. We're...over."
I looked at her, she was crying. She got up and headed to the window. 
"Malia! Please! I love you! Please don't leave me!"
"Too late. I'm sorry."
Then she climbed out of the window like she did a thousand times before and I knew, this time she wouldn't be coming back. At that thought the tears started falling. When I had stopped sobbing like crazy, I called Scott.
"Hey, what's up? Did you talk to her?"
"Yes..."
"Stiles, are you crying?!"
"She broke up with me!"
"Why?"
"She...she said she can't do this anymore..."
"Do you want to come over? You could spend the night here. We eat crisps and talk about it. What do you think?"
"Yeah..."
"Hey, dude, you still got me. I'm not leaving you. Ever. I promise."
"Thanks, Scott."
"Of course. I'm your best friend. You need me right now and I'll be there."
"How do I deserve you as my best friend?"
I felt slightly better after we hung up. It lasted for like five seconds. Then I fell down on my bed and started sobbing again. My first, true love, my heart, my girlfriend had just broken up with me and it was my fault. I broke my promise. The promise that meant so much more than a simple "I love you". It meant she was my true love, the one I wanted to keep forever. Malia was mine and I was her's. Was. I...was. Not anymore. She left me. I missed her. What the hell did I do?!