{18} Surprise

March 31st, 2013

P.o.V Lydia

I sprinted through the hall. It wasn't easy to catch the captain of the Lacrosse team.
"Hey, Scott? I'm Lydia. Sorry. You knew that."
He turned around and looked slightly confused.
"What's wrong?" He really is as caring and kind as both Stiles and Allison told me.
"Can we talk? Just the two of us, please?"
It's been two months since I found out about him being my brother and now I really had to tell him. I had been dragging around this secret for way too long. Scott needed to know.
"Of course."
We went to an empty classroom.
"So, what's wrong?"
"We're siblings, Scott."
"What?! Is this some kind of joke? Have you been spending too much time with Stiles and Malia?"
"I'm being serious. When I was six, I found out that my father was actually married and had a child. Stiles figured out that you must be that child because your parents got divorced at that time because of cheating for over six years."
Scott just stared at me open-mouthed for like a minute and I got scared. He doesn't believe me. Oh god. He doesn't believe me. When he finally spoke again, I was terrified.
"I didn't know that he had already a new family when he left us."
The relief I felt was unbelievable. He believed me. Thank you, god.
"I didn't know that either for six years. Two months ago, Stiles found out about that but I didn't know how to tell you."
"It's okay. We shouldn't tell our Moms yet. Thanks for telling me. Maybe we should talk to our father."
"Are you serious?! I hate him!"
"Me too but he should know that we found out. He has to apologize to them."
"You're right. But I have no idea where he is."
"Me neither. Let's find out. I need to have to do something as long as Alli is gone or I'll go insane."
"Gone?"
"Her Dad wants to cover up the complete pregnancy so they'll leave Beacon Hills in a few days. She won't return until the birth begins."
"Why?"
"He wants to protect us from a bad reputation."
"But it will torture you."
"Yes. But I have my best friends."
"I'll always be there, you know that, right?"
"Thank you, Lyds. Is there anything I can do for you? Any favour?"
"There is something, actually, but it would hurt someone I love."
"You mean your crush on Stiles? And how it'll hurt Malia?"
"How the hell do you know?!"
"Alli."
"Oh my god! Does he know?"
"He has no idea."
"Good."
"You really like him, don't you?"
"Since third grade."
"Wow. That's a really long time."
"Yeah."
"Why are you dating Isaac then? You can trust me."
"I love him. I really do but I always have Stiles on my mind. It's really confusing and I have no one to talk about it."
"You have me now."
I smiled. How come I had been so scared of this? Scott was incredibly nice, cute and caring.
"So what is the favour I can do you according to your crush?"
"I want to be friends with him."
"That's all you want? You don't want more than that?
"For me, it is a lot. I have not many friends and it would hurt Malia. One of the few friends I have. And I don't want to lose my boyfriend. I may have a crush on his brother but I still love him."
"I understand. I'll see what I can do."
He winked at me and left the room. I stayed and smiled widely. I was lucky to have found him.
Suddenly he returned and walked over to me. I was confused.
"What?"
"You said you have no friends besides Alli and Lia. You're gonna sit with me at lunch."
Scott hugged me and left as sudden as he had came in.