{14} What Happened?

January 17th, 2013

P.o.V Stiles

I was doing my homework when the doorbell rang.
"Isaaaaac! Could you please open the door? I'm busyyy!", I screamed through the house.
A minute later I heard a knock on my door.
"Isaac, I said, I'm busy!"
Really annoyed I opened the door after the fifth knock.
"Sorry, Stiles..."
"Malia! What happened?!"
"I...I ran away..."
"Why did you do that?"
"Because I hate them..."
She was shaking and soaking wet.
"Come here. You need to get out of your wet clothes."
"Stiles! This is not the moment!"
"I was being serious. You're gonna catch a cold. Go to the bathroom, take a hot shower and dress up."
Sure, I would love to join her in the shower but my girlfriend seems devastated. My want for her will have to wait. 
"I didn't bring any clothes..."
"No problem. Here you go."
I handed her a hoodie of mine and the leggings which she left here once.
"Thanks."
"Stay as long as you need to. I'll always be there for you. You know that, right?"
She kissed me and I could feel the tears streaming down her face. Malia always fought with her siblings but she never cried so this fight must have been terrible.
When she came back she immediately crawled into my bed.
"Lia, what happened?"
"I'm tired. Will you just come over here, please?"
"Of course."
I was already wearing my pyjamas so I just got into my bed and we started spooning. As always, I was the little spoon but I loved it. I loved her.
"Good Night. I love you."
"You too, Stiles."
I laid awake in bed for a long time. Malia thought, I didn't hear her sobs. After a while I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled her closer to my chest.
"You're okay, my love. I'm here. I'll always be here. I will help you and be there for you no matter what happens, okay? But I need to know what's wrong, alright? Tell  me, Lia. Tell me. Please. I can't stand hear you crying like this."
"They don't even notice."
"They don't notice what?"
"Me."
"But that can't be it. What's really wrong?"
"Kira! Scott pretends to be the only one hurt but it's killing me inside just like it's killing him."
"Lia, it's killing all of us. I miss her just as much. She was like a sister. You know it isn't true that Scott pretends to be the only one who's hurt. He knows how it broke you. It just affected him the most and you know why. He loved her. And he watched her die. You know he feels like it's his fault. He almost killed himself. I saved his life. That was the moment I broke. I know you broke into pieces when I told you. We all did. She was our friend and we will always miss her. Kira will always be with us. You know she will. She was strong and willing to live but she lost the fight against herself. It doesn't make her less of a fighter. Even the best knight in shining armour can fail. Even a true Alpha can fail."
She didn't say anything but I knew it calmed her for the moment. I kissed the back of her head and whispered to her that everything was going to be okay and would go back to normal. She was almost asleep but there was something I needed to tell her before she drifted away.
"Life can't always be all bad or all good."