{12} The Truth

January 17th, 2013

P.o.V Allison

Today I would tell my Dad.
When he came home from work, I was sitting on the couch, eating ice cream.
"Hi, Dad."
"Hi, Sweetheart. How was your day?"
"Good. Dad?"
"Yes, Allison?"
"I need to tell you something. Can you come over here?"
"Does it have to be now? I'm really tired."
"Yes. It's important."
He sighed.
"Okay. How long will it take?"
"I don't know yet. Will you please just listen and don't judge me?"
"Yes. You can tell me everything."
"Thanks, Dad."
"Of course. Now tell me."
"Okay...first of all, I'm dating Scott."
"Really?! I'm so happy for you guys! It was about time. I'm gonna call Melissa right now."
"About time?"
"I always thought you'd get together one day."
"Why does everyone think that?"
"Because it was really predictable. Melissa owes me twenty bucks now. I told her it would happen when you are sixteen. She said after one of you got divorced for the first time."
"You bet wether Scott and I ever get together?!"
I couldn't help but laugh. Our parents were hilarious.
"Is there anything else? I really want to get my money and go to bed.", he said laughing.
"Yes. Dad, I..."
I started crying.
"What's wrong, Sweetie!?"
"I'm so sorry! I-I-I...it was an accident! I didnt want it to happen, I swear!"
"Allison, what happened?"
"I...I'm pregnant..."
"Who did that to you?! Who hurt my baby?! Did someone rape you?!"
"No! Dad! It was our both's choice to have sex. We forget to use protection one time!"
"You had sex more than once?! Allison, you're fifteen! You're still a child! With whom?"
"It...it was with Scott."
"How long are you dating? Why didn't you tell me before? Did you think you can't tell me?"
"No. It was before we started dating."
"This just gets better and better! You slept with your best friend and you weren't even dating?!"
"We wanted to be prepared for later relationships so we became friends with benefits after we arrived here. One time we forgot to use protection. Please don't kick me out or make me get rid of my baby!"
I was sobbing now.
"Does he know?"
"Yes."
"Does he support you?"
"Yes."
"Does he care for you?"
"Yes!"
"Do you love him?"
"Yes, Dad. I love him and he loves me. We got together right after I told him and he promised to raise our baby with me."
"It was a terrible mistake."
"I know..."
"How long?"
"What do you mean?"
"How long are you...pregnant?"
"Maybe four weeks. Not more."
"Don't tell anyone. I'll get you out of school for the last four months of...this."
"Really?! I am allowed to be with him and keep my baby?"
"Yes. You love him and you seem to already love it. And I love you. I will protect you no matter what. I'll always be there for you. Scott is a good guy. I don't like the fact you're pregnant at all but at least it's his child."
"I love you so much, Dad."
He hugged me and caressed my hair until I stopped crying.