{36} Meeting After Years

October 2nd, 2021

P.o.V Scott

Our daughter was eight years old now. She was still my princess even though she had a little sister now. My little girl was two years old. Her name was Hope Argent. We were very happy.
Today our friends would come over. We hadn't seen them in a while.
Lydia met a guy named Aiden a few years ago and they were engaged now. Stiles was gone for a long time and I didn't know what he did. I was happy to see all of them.
"Dad?"
"Yes, Kira? What is it?" It had been over nine years and saying that name still hurt. Not a single day passed where I didn't think about her.
"Will uncle Stiles come, too?"
"Of course, honey. Why are you asking?"
"I miss him."
I laughed.
"Do you want to pick aunt Lydia up with me?"
She nodded.
We drove to the airport. Lydia got out of the gateway and ran into my arms.
"I missed you so much!"
"I missed you, too. Show me your ring."
She held her hand up.
"It's beautiful."
"Yeah, right? I love him so much!"
"Congratulations, little sister."
"Hello, Rosie!"
"It's Kira. I want to be called Kira."
I smiled. A few months ago Alli told her the story of her name and she was so proud to have it that no one except her Mom was allowed to call her Rose.
She hugged my daughter. I got her package and we drove back home. Hope and Alli were waiting for us.
Theo was the next one to arrive.
"Hi guys."
"Where's Malia?"
"I'm here."
She was obviously pregnant. Theo put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her hair.
"Congratulations!"
Alli and Lydia ran into Malia's arms.
After that Stiles and Isaac came in. I hugged both of them.
Malia's look lingered on Stiles. He smiled at her. First love. I remembered what that's like. My heart still hurt a bit whenever I heard someone say "Kira" but it was because she died in my arms. Her death was my fault and I still felt a deep guilt. These two were different. They broke up eight years ago. Stiles told me what had happened while they danced at our wedding. Malia told him crying that she wanted to run back to him the second she left the house but she didn't because she thought it would cause them to get into a toxic relationship. They started dating when they were 13 and it looked like now, with 24, they still weren't over each other. If someone told me nine years ago that Stiles and Lia would break up, I'd told them, they were insane. I thought they'd end up marrying each other just like Stiles thought about Alli and me. Unlike me, he was right but I would never lose the tiny hope that they'd get their happy end sooner or later.
"Scott?" Alli snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Uh, yeah?"
"Did you hear me?"
"No..."
She smiled and kissed my cheek.
"Always in his own world. This is the brother I love."
I grinned at Lydia. She was one of the best things that had happened in my life beside Alli and my daughters, of course.
"So guys. Do you have any news?", Alli asked.
"Well, Theo's and mine is obvious."
Malia looked incredibly happy. I watched Stiles. I knew exactly what he thought. He imagined to be the one by her side. The day passed without any other exciting events. At the evening I sat with Stiles on our porch. I decided to be straightforward.
"You love her, don't you?"
"Scott, that's ridiculous. I'm over Malia for years now."
"I didn't say Malia."
"Of course you did."
"No. I said 'you love her, don't you'. That's all I said."
"True." Alli sat down on Stiles' other side.
"Fine."
"Answer my question."
"Scott that's not necessary. He answered it with assuming you talked about Malia."
"I mean, it doesn't surprise me but, dude, it's been eight years."
"Stiles, you need to get over her. It's not good for either of you. I know it's very easy to say and in reality much harder but, really, you need to stop loving her."
"I can't help it, okay? I tried so hard to move on. So fucking hard. Lydia and I broke up because she knew I never got over Malia and it was okay for both of us. Lyds and I are better as friends. I had a little affair with Cora Hale."
"You had an affair with Malia's sister? Seriously?!"
"And her brother."
My mouth dropped open. Stiles had an affair with a guy?!
"I thought, you'd never figure it out." Alli laughed while I stared confused at my best friend.
"You...are...gay?!"
"It's called bisexual, Scott. I like boys and girls. I thought you knew it."
"How am I supposed to know that? You never told me!"
"Come on, bro. I dropped a lot of hints. I thought you had a gaydar."
Alli laughed even harder after seeing my shocked expression. My best friend was bi and I never noticed. Holy shit. I was the worst friend in the world.
"Stop it, Stiles. He looks like a lost puppy."
I swallowed hard. He really did drop hints. He even asked me once if I wanted to make out with him and his interactions with Malia's brother... Suddenly everything made sense.
"So...you and Derek Hale?"
"Yup."
"When?"
"Actually at the moment."
"I thought he hates you."
"No. Had a crush on me for years. Just couldn't show it right and I was still in denial."
"Congrats, buddy. But you won't fall for me, will you?"
Alli looked like she'd never stop laughing.
"You were actually the person that made me doubt my sexuality."
I felt a little dizzy. My wife held her stomach and fell to her side gasping for air.
"Bro, that was six years ago. Calm down."
Stiles started laughing too.
"You will always be my best friend. No matter who you feel attracted to."
"Thank you."
We hugged shortly. Alli wiped had tears in her eyes and her face was bright red from all the laughter.
"Guys, that's cute and all but back to topic. You never got over Malia?"
"No. I tried everything. Literally. I had affairs with her siblings because they remind me of her. They even smell a bit like her."
"You have a big problem."
"Thanks, Al."
"What? It's true. You are dating the brother of your ex because he reminds you of her. That's not creepy at all."
Again she laughed. When she was happy she was so gorgeous.
"Alli's right. You have a pretty messed up lovelife."
"God, do you guys have to agree on everything?!"
Alli and I started laughing and held each other tightly while doing so. Finally Stiles laughed too and the three of us laughed even harder at our own laughter. It was just like all those years ago before Alli left.