{1} Best Friends

August 5th, 2012

P.o.V Allison

"Allison, wake up. You don't wanna be late for your first day, do you?" I pulled my pillow over my head in protest. "Dad, let me sleep," I groaned sleepily. "Sweetheart, come on, it's almost 7 am. If you don't get up, we can't have breakfast together."
"But we never have breakfast together." Dad was always already at work when I woke up to my alarm clock ringing, so we barely got to see each other in the morning, except for the weekends, of course. "That's not true. Besides, I'm home this entire week due to all of the things I have to do in this house. Get up, take a shower and come down. I'll drive you to school after breakfast. Come on, Baby, I made all your favourite things." I smiled into the mattress and threw my pillow away, climbing out of bed and giving Dad a kiss on the cheek. He smiled and left the room.

Under the hot stream of water I wondered which familiar faces I'd get to see at school today. Would Scott and Stiles still be in Beacon Hills after all these years?

P.o.V Scott

I stood in the school's hallway, catching up with Stiles and his older brother, Isaac, after the summer when I spotted a face somehow familiar and yet strange. The girl caught my stare and started smiling a big toothy smile which made me recognize her immediately. It had been eight years and Alli still had the same contagious smile that always lit up my day.

She started running towards me and hugged me so hard she got lifted off the ground and we spun around. I had seriously given up on ever seeing her again, but here she was, in my arms, erasing eight years full of pain without my soulmate in my life. "You'll never know how much I missed you, Alli," I whispered.
"I missed you more."
"No way."
She giggled and let go of me for a second, just to hug me again. I didn't know how long we stood there, softly swaying in one spot, holding onto each other, but it was cut short when she pulled away after a glance to the clock. "Where's the principal's office? I'm supposed to talk to him before class." I grinned, still not believing she was really here. "Just over there." She got on her toes, kissed my cheek and walked off.

"What the hell was that? New girlfriend and you didn't think of mentioning it? I'm just your best friend." I turned around to find Stiles pouting. "Dude, that was Allison. How come you didn't recognize her?"
"Are you kidding me?"
"Do I look like I am," I shot back.
"That is freaking awesome! To be honest, I always thought you'd end up marrying her."
"Stiles, no."
"Stiles, yes."
I rolled my eyes. Reasoning with him had never been a successful endeavour, but that didn't mean I didn't try occasionally. "That girl has been my best friend since we were born."
"And that's why she's perfect for you," tried Stiles.
"If anything, she's more like a sister to me. Friendships between boys and girls work out perfectly well. Take me and Malia as an example."

"An example for what? I don't think we're a good example for anything," said Malia, who had just joined us. I averted my eyes awkwardly as Stiles and Malia began their PDA session. "Ugh, gross."
"My thoughts exactly," I replied to Isaac. He grinned down at me and waved goodbye when he spotted his girlfriend, Lydia Martin. "So, what was that thing we're a good example for," Malia asked once they broke apart. "That friendships between boys and girls can work out fine."
She raised her eyebrows in thought. "Of course they do. Why do we even discuss this?"
"Because Allison's back and Stiles is already planning our wedding."
Malia's eyes widened. "Allison is back?"
I nodded.
"Oh, Sti, you know they're best friends!" She started laughing and wrapped one of her arms around my shoulders as she grabbed Stiles' hand and we walked to class. Since the accident they made sure I never felt lonely or left out, but I wouldn't mind that at all. They had been dating for three years and I was pretty much used to being their third wheel, but that was perfectly fine with me. I knew they still loved me.

In class we sat down at the back and I made sure no one took the seat next to me, hoping Alli would be in the same class as we were. My wishes were fulfilled when she entered the class room five minutes later with the principal.

"Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome." She winked at me and I smiled. In front of me I noticed Stiles' hand resting on Malia's thigh, slowly moving upwards. I shook my head slightly. They couldn't get their hands off of each other for at least a few minutes.

"Earth to McCall!"
"Huh?" I stopped staring at Stiles and Malia, the latter had started squirming in her seat. Alli gave me a wide smile. "You okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, why?"

"Scott, Allison, stop talking or I'll have to separate the two of you." Alli giggled and I couldn't help but grin. I was so happy she was back.

A few minutes of silence passed. "Um, what's happening there?" She pointed at Stiles and Malia as subtle as possible. "Uh..." I looked at them again. Malia was still squirming. Stiles grinned mischievously while he seemed to whisper things into her ear and I was glad I couldn't hear any of it. "I think it's pretty obvious," I whispered back at her. "Something must have changed over summer, last year they could behave themselves at school." Alli suppressed a laugh.

"That's it, Allison, please take the seat next to Lydia. Maybe that'll help you two pay attention. And Malia, please take Allison's old seat, you and Stiles are paying far too little attention here."