Author's Note: Music of My Life

I really like knowing what bands, albums, and songs people relate to and correlate to a point in their life, so I thought it would be cool to do that here. Basically, I'll name different bands and stuff that have been significant to me on like a timeline and explain and stuff. Hopefully this isn't boring a waste of your time. Comment stuff that has helped you or defines you!

Childhood:

Enter the Haggis- really cool Celtic rock band that I grew up seeing (14 years now) and got really close to the members, they're like my family now. The songs Down With the Ship and Letters are my favorite and mean a lot to me.

Mike Doughty- just cool songs that have always sounded really intricate but simple at the same time. Favorite song is probably I Hear The Bells or 27 Jennifers.

Grateful Dead- my parents got married at a show and I grew up listening to jam bands like them and a few of their songs have really touched me. Bird Song is so pretty btw

Teenage Years/Current Day:

The Decemberists- my first band that I used to help me think through my life and just distract me. their album what a beautiful world, what a terrible world basically was the sound track of my freshman year of high school when I was experiencing what I know as now as my first cycle of depression. 

Colin Hay- Overkill has always been my favorite and really just was a great song to help my life. 

twenty one pilots- my first real depression band that i got into to support my now ex boyfriend and connect to him and once he dumped me and i was diagnosed with clinical depression, their music was all I had honestly. their words described things i couldn't and i loved not having to think of how to describe myself because someone already did for me. they were there at the beginning of my self harming and suicidal ideation as well.

Movements- my friend introduced me to them one night in the summer at like 1 am and i instantly fell in love. they're smaller and hard punk/emo/alternative style music with spoken word and amazing lyrics. i found them when i really needed it and met and saw them perform at maryland warped tour a few days after i discovered them. (we drove three hours to see them) Losing fight was the song that really caught me.

Neck Deep- dude this band is so good and they're concerts are so heavy and hard and fun and being in that crowd is feeling fucking alive again. plus their album concept for the peace and the panic is so cool and weird. 

Super Whatevr- this is the band i got the lyric from and the bands whole message and theme is mental health awareness which is amazing. the concert that was probably my favorite i've ever gone to other then maybe neck deep was one late march of this year to see movements where we drove three hours to maryland again to see them on their first headliner and super whatevr was opening. a week before that something really bad happened to me and i completely spiraled mentally and was the most suicidal i've arguably ever been. their concert was the one reason i didn't do it so i didn't ruin the concert for my friends and i wanted to see losing fight live one time before i died. super whatevr played their set and played the song from the amongst the world your feared chapter and i literally cried and talked to the singer and told him how i had wanted to kill myself but didn't and he said all of this stuff to me and it was the best conversation i've ever had. this band is a reason i'm alive without a doubt.

Pierce the Veil- i moved backwards in my emo phase lol but my friends love them and i decided to try listening to them and i fell in love. Hold On 'Til May is basically my entire life story in a song and Bulls in the Bronx hits really close to home along with Disasterology and honestly most of their discography

Fall Out Boy- mania and save rock and roll are amazing and cohesive albums and i never get tired of them

Honorable Mentions of Bands:

mayday parade (starting to get into them now), grayscale, the wonder years, with confidence, moose blood, panic!, many more that i can't think of lol

Music was a savior for me when nothing else was and I will never take the phrase 'music saved my life' for granted, especially after the past few months where i just am constantly struggling in one way or another. I'm so happy music is what brought you all here to read my stupid fictions about living with these heroic figures and please remember how important you are and that it's okay to need to depend on things like bands and songs and concerts to keep going. God knows that's what i'm doing.

(also i'm seeing super whatevr in philly with sum 41 on may 14th and fucking pumped)

have a great day/night guys! Love you! stay alive |-/