//sixteen - you'll be just fine//

Tyler's POV

Lane fell asleep almost immediately on the plane. She hasn't slept since her dream that was almost twenty four hours ago and barely slept before that. Every time I looked at her it was like she was fading away and I don't know what to do.

I carried the sleeping girl off of the plane, through the terminal and outside to meet Jenna at the curb, along with Sarah to pick Panic! up and Megan to pick up Fall Out Boy. When I saw her, I could see the worry in her eyes, but she didn't let it keep her from smiling. I set Lane down on the pavement when she started to wake up and immediately hugged Jenna, almost knocking both of them to the ground with how much force she hugged her with. "I miss him so much, Mom." she whispered, making Jenna smile sadly. She was starting to call us 'mom' and 'dad', but this wan't the situation we wanted to start it with.

"I know you do, but he's never gone as long as you're alive, okay?" Jenna whispered back. Lane nodded and smiled a bit at her before climbing into the back seat of the car with Josh. I engulfed my wife in a hug. I missed her so much on tour and it felt like an eternity since I've seen her. "What are we going to do, Ty? She's so empty," she said into my neck. I turned my head to look into the backseat and saw Lane already passed out on Josh's lap. I looked back into Jenna's eyes. "We are just going to be around and watch her carefully." I called Jenna last night after Lane's nightmare which only worried her more. But, this was going to take time and we needed to give it to Lane before worrying too much. We got into the car and drove to the house to get ready for the service.

Lane's POV

I put on the same dress I did for my father's funeral, three quarter length sleeves that displayed all of the turmoil Alex helped soak up. I had been clean for nearly all of tour except for the nightmare incident which I didn't really count. I wanted to show Alex how far I had come, I wanted him to know I was still going to try.

I walked down the stairs while looking on my phone and staring at the lock screen. It was Alex and me on Main Street Bridge watching the sunset. We went there together some nights and he would always carry me home on his back because he didn't want me walking that far if I didn't have to. Alex was like that, wanting the best for you even when it inconvenienced him. I didn't notice that I was tearing up until I reached the bottom of the stairs and everything was blurry. Josh wrapped an arm around my shoulders and walked with me out the front door.

When I walked out, all of the band members and their wives or girlfriends were standing out around a couple of huge cars. They all wore their nicest suits and were wearing white flowers on their jackets. They were lilies, the flowers Alex and I used to love watching float in the ponds at the park around here. I looked up to Tyler and Jenna who were smiling watching me. I ran up to both of them and hugged them tightly. They actually remembered and cared about something I told them. Jenna leaned down and placed a lily in my blue mane before walking to a car door and climbing in. I wrapped my arms around Tyler and squeezed onto his waist for a second. "Thank you Dad." I kissed his cheek and walked over to one of the cars. When I looked out the window, Tyler was still standing there, smiling and in shock over me calling him dad. I grinned at that as I settled into the seat. The car I was in was Josh and I with Brendon and Sarah, Dallon and Breezy, and Pete and Megan. I looked out the window the whole time until we got to where the service was being held. Our huge group got out of the cars and stood across the street staring at the building like it was going to attack at any minute. "You ready kid?" Pete asked, putting his hands on my shoulder and looking from the building to me. I looked up to him and smiled a little before straitening the flower in my hair and nodded. "As ready as I can be." Pete nodded and took the first steps forward with me as we walked into what was arguably going to be the hardest day of my entire life.

a/n: short chapter but i really wanted to get something up. it's my birthday today which i hate because i don't like celebrating being alive because sometimes I feel like i don't deserve to be, but i never thought i'd make it to 18 so today is bittersweet. i got a tattoo which is my second one. it's from the song i posted two chapters ago by the band Super Whatevr. The song for this chapter is beautiful and hopeful and the band is so good so please check them out (their concert was the reason i'm still alive right now honestly) and stay alive guys |-/

 The song for this chapter is beautiful and hopeful and the band is so good so please check them out (their concert was the reason i'm still alive right now honestly) and stay alive guys |-/

my tattoo from today (partial scar coverup)

the tattoo I got in December. It's a twenty one pilots one of symbols from my favorite songs. Have fun guessing them lol