//nine - can you say it'll be okay?//

Laney's POV

It had been a few days since the service, and though I was acting completely fine, better even, my head was spiraling all the time. There was guilt and fear and memories I didn't want to think about it but had no choice but to. It horrified me to no end. I'd relapsed, scratching at my skin when everything got to much. Tyler, Josh, and Jenna had no clue this was happening though, and I don't plan on ever letting them know.

I heard faint voices coming from the hall before feeling a hand shaking my shoulder. I looked up at the alarm clock as it glared a bright 3:03 am. I return my gaze to the hand, seeing a red, almost pink haired man, shaking me awake.

"Lane, come on. We're leaving in a few minutes and we still have to check everything. You packed right?" I nodded in response, knowing words would not form right in my mouth right now. I stood up, changing into black leggings and a hoodie and unplugging my phone and laptop and packing them in my bag, along with the chargers. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and groggily walked towards the door. Josh, laughing at me, stopped me and picked me up, throwing me on his back as he returned downstairs. When he set me down, I was laying on the couch, letting sleep slowly creep back.

Everyone checked all their belongings before heading out the door as I laid there and watched. It was only 3 in the morning and the day had barely started yet, but I already was stuck in my thoughts. Someone scooped me up from the couch and carried me to the car. I saw a tattoo lining their wrist.

"Hey, you okay sweetie?" Tyler asked, sounding concerned as we continued the walk to the car. I nodded and he just looked at me, knowing it was all a lie.

"Just stuck in my head. It's been happening for days. I can't get out." Now the lean man nodded, his look turning from concern to sympathy, but pretending it didn't. He knew I hated pity.

"Do you want me to sit with you?" Though I wanted to deny it and pretend I was strong enough on my own, I nodded and buried my reddening face in the crook of his neck. I felt him grin a bit. Tyler sat me in the back seat and slid next to me, laying me down to be in his lap. "Just sleep for a bit, okay? We can talk about this later when you're up to it." Fear instantly attacked at the idea of talking, but I just closed my eyes and listened to the quiet morning. The airport was about an hours drive and the car was silent, considering no one wanted to be up this early. When we got there and unloading, Ty grabbed my hand gently and walked with me to the check in.

"You never told me who were touring with." I said, my voice still rough and sleepy.

Josh smiled a bit and looked at me. "That's because it's a surprise." I rolled my eyes at that, but couldn't contain the excited grin that appeared. It could have been anyone considering the band's recent success. Blurryface had just dropped and they wanted to do a smaller tour with multiple people before doing their own headlining tour. "You'll meet them soon. I'm positive you'll love it."

We checked in and walked through security. It was then that I realized it was international travel. Panic welled inside me. "You didn't say it was international." Tyler smiled again, holding up a passport that was with the important documents and stuff given to him.

"That too, was a surprise."

The four of us found our gate quickly, Jenna breaking off to get coffee for all of us and Ty and Josh talking to a fan. I continued walking, knowing where the waiting area for our flight was, and sat down next to a group of very familiar-looking guys. I ignored it though, just keeping to myself and looping my self back in my cobwebs of thought. I heard muttering and felt glances from the people next to me, and I stiffened immediately. My head turned to meet them, and that's when I realized who they were. Brendon Urie sat next to me, followed by Kenny, Dan, and Dallon. Across them sat Pete Wentz on the floor, staring directly at me. Patrick, Joe, and Andy sat in the row of chairs behind him. My mouth dropped in shock. The eccentric man next to me broke the most uncomfortable staring contest I'd ever been in.