//twenty six - sweet, suburban tomb//

Lane's POV

It's been a week since the night of the bridge, or the second night I should say. I got out of the hospital yesterday and we're leaving to go to the airport and back to Ohio right now. The gravel from the drive way was shifting under my feet as I walked down the path, putting my suitcase in the car and taking a deep breath. I wasn't ready to leave Brendon and Sarah yet. They became second parents to me this week, especially Brendon since he helped find me. "I'm going to miss you, kid" someone said to me from behind. I turned around and smiled, seeing the tall and black haired singer towering over me. "I'm going to miss you too, B" I whispered, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

The tall man kneeled down, now slightly shorter then me, and took my hands in his. I saw the worry in his face. Him, Tyler, and Josh had searched all of my stuff for every blade I had left, lighters, anything that could be used to hurt me even if that wasn't the intention of them to begin with. I knew how much it hurt all three of them to see what I was hiding. It was going to hurt Tyler and Josh all over again when they had to search my room at the house. "If anyone is going to make it," he started, "it's you Lane. Just, just please call me if you need me. I can't see you in a hospital bed for another week, and I can't see you any worse than that either." The look in his eyes made it clear he was thinking back to Alex's funeral. I pushed my fingers under his chin and made him look into my eyes. "Thank you," was all I could muster before tears cascaded down my face and my arms were wrapped around his neck. "I'm going to miss you and Sarah so much. You guys have been nothing but amazing to me this whole tour. I love you, B." I could feel him smiling onto my shoulder. 

I kept thinking about all of the times he'd helped me, loved me unconditionally when he didn't have to. Honestly, none of them had to, but they did. The panic attacks, the running away, the funeral, the blades, the bruised knuckles, the bridge. He was there through it all. And I knew he was thinking of every one of those things when I said that. We pulled away a minute later as Brendon kissed my head gently and led me back to the small group that had gathered to say goodbye. Fall Out Boy came back to say goodbye to us, visiting me in the hospital the last few days I was there. When we walked back, Pete's eyes met mine and he smiled. I'd miss Pete a lot too. He walked over and hugged me, pulling me into his chest carefully. I think he was still scared I'd break under the slightest bit of any kind of pressure. "One phone call away, okay?" he said into my hair. I nodded and breathed in his scent. It was a weird mix of cologne and coffee and down pouring rain, and trying to keep it with me forever was probably just as weird, but it was the thing that had calmed me down all the nights I woke up in tears the past week. "I'll miss you Pete. Take care of yourself, okay? Please?" I said gently, tracing his arm with my fingers and not wanting to look into his eyes. His finger laced themselves under my chin as he lifted my head and forced me to look at him. "I promise, as long as you do too." He stuck his single pinky out and I took it in mine. We both smiled at each other. I shivered a little as a breeze passed us and Pete took his hoodie off, draping it gently over my shoulders. I looked at him with slight shock in my eyes. "Keep it, for bad nights." One last tears fell as I mouthed thank you and fell into his chest again. 

I hugged the rest of Fall Out Boy, telling Patrick to keep me updated on the stuff Pete would try to protect me from. He nodded and kissed my cheek as I hugged Joe and Andy. I moved over to Dallon, him picking me up and spinning me around as I laughed a little and smiled. "There's the laugh I needed to hear one last time." I grinned and leaned into his side. Kenny and Dan were next, each trying to keep from one another, leaving my frame to be tossed around like a bean bag. "God, maybe I won't miss you guys that much." They both stopped and looked at me. "Oh no," I said, feeling them start to tickle my sides as I clambered towards Tyler, laughing the whole way. When I finally escaped their grasp, I kissed both their cheeks and finally got into the car. I leaned carefully against Josh and watched out the window as my new family got smaller and smaller. I fiddled with the sleeves of Pete's hoodie.