//thirteen - heart to heart//

Lane's POV

A week has gone by, and slowly but surely the bands have been making their way through the states. I basically spend everyday running around helping to set up or playing guitar. Ever since the whole anxiety incident, Tyler's been protective. I called Jenna the next morning, telling her the whole story and trying not to let the sadness in her voice completely destroy me. It didn't really work, but I'm trying at least. 

I sat in the back of the bus, strumming with no thought whatsoever as to what I was doing until a shadow in the doorway startled me. In a matter of seconds, Dallon Weekes was lying on the ground and staring back at me with wide eyes. "God, I'm clumsy." I laughed as I pulled him up to his feet and walked back to the couch. He seemed awkward and almost unsure of what to do. 

"Dall, what's wrong?" His eyes fell over me again and his face contorted into a weird smile. "Nothing, just you were playing an old Panic! song, and I was interested." It was my turn to smile back at him before putting the guitar down and hugging him tightly. Dallon was one of the sane ones here, and it was nice to have someone like Tyler who was set on taking care of me, but sometimes you have to get away. Dallon was my escape. I saw something else, like another point of conversation, etched into his face. "Seriously, what is it?" Now that weird smirk had fallen. Something was very wrong. "The night you ran, you said something before and, none of us can stop thinking about it. "

I knew immediately what he was talking about. I accidentally outed my near death experience to a room full of the people that were now family, and it was so stupid of me. "I don't want to talk about this Dall." I walked past him, brushing his shoulder and almost reaching the doorway before I felt a tug at my arm and a slight sting from the healing scratches. I hissed and jumped back nearly into the bassist's arms. "I'm sorry Lane, but I can't let you just ignore this" he said with a worried look. "I'm not ignoring it, I'm avoiding it. There's a big difference," I huffed defiantly as he picked me up and carried me to the couch. 

"Lane, just tell me the story. Please," he said, his eyes pleading as much as his words. I took a deep breath and tried to level out my head. "My mom died, and my father turned into a monster. I packed some stuff and walked around only to go to the bridge in the center of town. I played music and climbed up. Right before I was about to free-fall, an arm tugged mine and Tyler was standing there. I kept telling him to let me go and eventually I just broke down and he lifted me from the railing and took me to his and Josh's house. I had no where to go and they took me in. They took me to a doctor. They did everything for me." Dallon wore a shocked expression on his face as my story hung uncomfortably in the air. It took me up until this moment to realize how lucky I really was. He could have left me on that bridge.

"I had no idea, I'm so sorry Lane." I shook my head and buried my face in his chest. I didn't want the sympathy, but I wanted to feel safe. I felt his hands wrap around my forearm, leaving me to wince only slightly. I felt the way the fabric rolled up against my skin. And worst of all, I heard his gasp. "Dallon, I'm the one that should be sorry." We stayed like that for awhile, me hiding away from the world in the musicians shocked comfort. Everyone else was probably inside, running around and pranking each other, but I preferred being right there. When he pulled away, I looked up at him as if he was the one deciding my fate. "Lane, we love you." I nodded and hugged him one last time before we both stood and walked out of the bus. When we reached the door, I turned to him. 

"You cannot tell anyone this, please. Please just don't even bother. If they want to know, they have to ask." Dallon's hair flopped with his nod as he guided me into the backstage area, only to run directly into Pete running from Brendon. I fell to the ground with two grown men pinned on top of me. "Pete, Brendon, why are you tackling my daughter?" The two guilty boys looked up at Tyler as he tried to looking scolding and hold a laugh back at the same time. Eventually, they helped me up and I ran into the dressing room. For the rest of the night we talked and relaxed until the show. I sang with all three bands tonight for one song each. Tour started to feel more manageable. I felt in control for once in my life. 

We made it back to the buses that night on the way to the next state. As I drifted off to sleep, I got a phone call I will never forget. 

a/n: kinda shitty but here's the next chapter. please remember you're beautiful no matter what your head says. that's something i wish i could remember. stay alive guys |-/