Part XIV - The Locket (2/2)

not edited

-

Jade

As I spoke out those three words, I knew it wasn't true. To be honest, I didn't remember who Klaus Mikaelson was. All I remembered was the pain he caused me. How he tried to kill me because he wanted to, which broke my heart. I don't know why, I don't know what kind of relationship I have with this Hybrid, but I know that I'm attracted to him. And even when I tried to stay away from him, it didn't work, because he always found me.

I owe him my life, for saving mine multiple times. Even though he's full of himself, he does have a heart. As much as I wanted to believe that Klaus had no heart or feelings for humans, he does, but shows it on rare occasions, like when my life is on the line.

Other than that, I don't remember how we met. I don't remember if we spent time together, or if anything romantic happened between us. I don't remember how I acted around him nor how we acted around each other. All I know and remember was the pain and negativity he caused me to feel.

We were inside his white mansion, as I was still in his arms while he took his time walking up the stairs. There was an awkward tension between us as silence floated steady in the air, Klaus stopping at the top of the wide staircase only to turn left into a hallway. I held on tightly to the locket around my neck, feeling its warmth comfort me.

Seconds passed and he carried me into a dark room, glass and slivers of wood scattered throughout the floorboards. I wanted to open my mouth and ask what had happened, to ask what he had done. But when I did, his voice spoke in place of mine.

"You will be safe in here. Stay until I come back with news of the witch and Stefan." He laid me gently down on the bed, the sheets scattered about onto the sides. He turned on the lamp by the bed, then walking over to the window and opening the shutters to brighten the dark room. Broken glass scrunched underneath his feet as he walked back to the bed, sitting himself down at the edge of it.

"What about Elijah?" I asked, my voice coming out quiet and raspy.

Klaus then looked down at me, his crystal blue orbs flaming with emotion. I matched his gaze with my own. He bent down to my face, his eyes never wavering from mine.

Then he kissed my forehead, feeling the spark of his lips go through me.

He pulled back then, turning his back to walk out of the room. Klaus looked back one once more, his eyes this time on the locket kept secure around my hand.

"Keep that locket on at all times. Never take it off unless I say its safe to. Understand?" His face tightened with tension, his tone deadly serious and stiff.

I nodded my head.

Klaus' face softened as a small smile formed on his face.

"Once I contact Elijah, I will send him to you. So don't do anything foolish while you are here, alone, until I or Elijah come back. Understand?"

I nodded my head once more.

And with that, he disappeared from my sight, leaving me alone in the room filled with the familiar scent of his cologne.

I let out a sigh, pushing myself up from the bed until my legs were hanging off the edge. The locket was slightly burning against my chest, a calming vibe escaping from it. There I lay staring up at the white ceiling, endless thoughts attacking at my head.

The blurred events of what had occurred before Klaus had forced the locket onto me caught me at ends. I hadn't remembered what I was doing underground, nor how I ended up in Silas' possession. Out of all the things that might have happened before I lost my memory, the only vivid thing that I could remember and that occupied my head the most was the intense and heated kissing session between Klaus and I.