part fifteen

"Are you telling me she flipped out because I called you?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying, Perrie." Jade sighs as they sit and drink coffee in the hospital waiting room.

"I called her too!" Perrie defends herself. "And even if I didn't, it's not like it was a booty call." She says making Jade laugh.

"Well clearly Leigh-Anne doesn't get that." Jade takes another sip. "And this isn't the first time she's acted out like this. She acts funny around women I work around and even though I constantly tell her she has nothing to worry about...she still doesn't trust me." She complains.

Perrie doesn't answer for awhile. She doesn't know the right words to say. She could say something snarky about Leigh-Anne to add to Jade's mood but she doesn't know if Jade will flip the script and start defending the girl.

"What's a relationship without trust?" Perrie finally says, making Jade look up at her.

"We had trust didn't we?" Jade asks her.

Perrie gulps and looks down, "It doesn't matter what we had. We don't have it anymore."

"C'mon Perrie, you knew we would have to bring it up someday."

Perrie puts down her coffee and picks up a magazine off the coffee table, "Well it's not today."

Jade scoffs, "And why not?" She yanks the magazine out of Perrie's hand. "And don't say because Jesy got shot. It's just a bullet, the bitch will survive."

"The Bitch?" Perrie chuckles bitterly. "What has Jesy ever done to you?"

Jade retorted, "Stop changing the subject and let's talk about us!"

"There is no us!" Perrie tried to keep her voice as low as she could but Jade was purposely getting under her skin.

"There could be if we just talk about it!" Jade screams out, getting a by-passing doctor to shush her.

The two girls sit there in silence after the brunette's revelation. But Perrie wasn't buying it. When Jade's having girlfriend issues she wants to come running back to her? Unrealistic.

"I find it funny how all of a sudden you want me when you and Leigh-Anne are on rocky roads." Perrie bites back. "Where were you for the past two years? Not even a single phone call. Not even a single apology!"

"I tried to call, but she was always behind my back. Watching every move I made." Jade defends herself.

"Jade you ended things with me as if we were together for two weeks and two weeks only. We had history. We have history. And to tell me some bullshit like 'We'll always be soulmates. Love you' and then walk out the door with her is...bullshit!"

"I couldn't be emotional! I couldn't let myself be subdued to your state in that moment. You looked like you were about to have a breakdown and I was convincing myself it was Leigh-Anne who caused it and not me. You have to believe me. I never wanted to hurt you." Jade pleads.

"But you did. And you left me thinking that you never cared. You were so damn nonchalant. You made it seem like...you didn't want me anymore." Perrie blinks her eyes a couple times to prevent tears from coming out.

Jade sighs, "I've always wanted you. I've always loved you. But Leigh-Anne convinced me that I was only going to wreck you like I did with her and the only way to avoid that was to finish it with you."

Perrie looks at the wall ahead of her, "You let her put that bullshit in your mind? Did you not see how hurt I was when you ended it with me?" Perrie holds up her hand as Jade begins to answer. "I cried and I cried for weeks, Jade. Months even. And it's all because she manipulated you."

"I'm sorry." Jade manages to get out. "I want to work on us."

Before Perrie can respond, Leigh-Anne prances into the room. "Jesy is awake. She's asking for you, Perrie." She stiffly says, noticing the tension between the two.

The sexual tension.

Perrie nods instead of answering and makes her way to the girls room, not taking a second glance at Jade.

Leigh-Anne sits down next to the brunette, "What did you two talk about?"

Jade closes her eyes, "Not now Leigh."

"No, I want to know." Leigh-Anne demanded. "You can't be sat out here for about an hour and say nothing."

"No, you're right. Perrie and I can't." Jade opens her eyes and grabs the same magazine the blonde had picked up earlier. "But me and you can."

Leigh-Anne wants to say something but knows how good Jade has become at ignoring her. So she sits back and scrolls on her phone, because her girlfriend was being difficult in her eyes.

-

Perrie comes back in about ten minutes and tells Jade that Jesy wants to see her, but as Perrie follows Jade back into the room, Leigh-Anne felt the need to interject.

"Where are you going?" She asks directing the question towards Perrie, making both girls stop.

"Jade doesn't know where her room is." Perrie says matter of factly.

"She can find it." Leigh-Anne tightly smiles.

Jade holds in all her frustration and manages to get out, "Leigh, she's gonna take me to the room and come right back. My God." Jade takes Perrie's hand in hers and walks away from the jealous girl.

"I'm sorry about that." Jade finally let's go as they're out of Leigh-Anne's sight.

"You've been apologizing too much." Perrie giggles.

"I'm gonna apologize until I can't anymore." Jade smirks at her.

Perrie grabs Jade's arm and takes her on a completely different route. "By the way, Jesy didn't ask for you. She went back to sleep because of the drugs they're giving her. We're going to the cafeteria." She smiles sweetly.

"Why?"

"Because I'm hungry." Perrie answers in a duh tone, making Jade smile stupidly.

Perrie gets her food and they sit down at a vacant table. "Now, about working on us, we can't."

Jade speaks up, "We can. Me and Leigh-Anne's relationship is over."

"Practically over. Not officially." Perrie retorts. She takes a bite out of her sandwich and continues. "And you need to make sure you're 100% over her. I'm not about to jump into this while you're still somehow attached to her."

"The only thing that girl does to me is annoy me and make me want to jump off a bridge." Jade sips her drink making Perrie nearly choke.

"Well then I guess, we'll start working on us pretty soon?"

Jade smiles, "Pretty soon."