part fourteen

Two years later, there was the loud ring from a cell phone sitting on the kitchen counter. 

And so it rang, and rang, and rang. No one came to pick it up. They were far too busy snoring upstairs to hear the violent ring.

They should've picked it up. 

-  

"Good Morning." Jade turned over to see Leigh-Anne smiling brightly at her, eyes weary and red. "You look like you've had a long night."

"Can you blame me?" Leigh smirked. "You kept me up for hours and hours." She said making Jade chuckle. 

Leigh- Anne yawned and sprawled out of bed, "I've got an appointment today and then I'll come get you from the studio."

"I told you, Jacob is willing to give me a ride home. He gives me a ride to there anyways." Jade rolled her eyes.

"He's more than willing." Leigh-Anne muttered. 

"I'm sorry my dear, what was that?" Jade smirked. Leigh-Anne huffed and went to shower.

Jade took this opportunity to head downstairs to start her breakfast. She hadn't noticed the flashing phone lighting up on the table. It's a shame it was put on silent so that it wouldn't interrupt them in their moment last night.

It was about to interrupt their entire day.

-

The brunette flipped her pancake and hummed along to the tune of Baby Love by the Supremes. She needed something to distract her from a little voice nipping at her, telling her that today wasn't going to be the best.

She hated how she always knew how her day would turn out. She also hated keeping it from Leigh-Anne that she had these premonitions.

"Darling, have you seen my phone?" Leigh-Anne's voice rang throughout the house.

Jade plated her pancakes and drizzled syrup all over, "Nope! But then again I didn't look so..." She told her as she took a big bite out of her breakfast.

The door burst open, "Well you're no help then, are you?" a frantic Leigh-Anne shouts at her zooming around the kitchen to find her device. Jade shrugged in return and continued to munch on her pancakes, not bothering with the girl's antics.

"Aha!" Leigh jumped for joy. "I found it." She smiled. She turned it on and the smile was a faint memory. "Jade..."

Jade instantly looked up, knowing that tone couldn't produce any good. This can't be starting already.

"I'm getting missed calls from your ex. Why is that?" Leigh-Anne pursed her lips and fought back a growl. 

Jade shrugged but nonetheless got up and grabbed her phone, "Let me check and see if she called mine too." She ran upstairs to grab her phone and saw not judge calls, but texts from the girl aswell.

"What could she want?" She heard Leigh-Anne shout angrily. "I thought we made it clear that we didn't want anything to do with her."

Jade rolled her eyes at her lovers antics. The girl never understood that all this 'we' nonsense was one sided. She walked down the stairs to see Leigh-Anne ignoring the calls and pouring herself some tea. 

"I'm gonna go get dressed." Jade said, walking away quickly before the girl could ask her any questions. Jade sped up the stairs and locked herself in the bathroom, she scrolled down her list and sees Perrie's name, a name she hadn't clicked on in two years, not even to see how she was doing.

Her finger hovered over the name and it took all her strength to actually press the call button next to it. In just three rings, she picked up.

"Hello? Jade, is that really you?" the familiar voice asked hopefully. "Or is this Leigh-Anne calling to tell me to leave her alone, cause if that's the case this isn't a personal call."