part thirteen

Jade got up and looked around the room. It wasn't hers. It never had been hers for the past couple of months. Yet every time she woke up, she was confused.

This place didn't feel like home. She kept telling Leigh-Anne about how she felt, but the other girl would just tell her she would eventually get used to it.

She yawned and stretched out her arms and felt the emptiness of the space next to her. The other girl is probably at the gym now, or at least coming home from the gym.

She picked up her phone from the bedside table and checked her messages. None from Perrie. As always.

The goddess hadn't spoken to her since the day Jade stepped on her heart. And if she knew Jesy, that girl wouldn't even let Perrie send her a letter.

-

She stepped fresh-faced out of the shower. After drying her hair and putting on her clothes, she walked out of the bathroom and made a trot down the stairs to make breakfast.

The brunette met Leigh-Anne sitting at the table with McDonalds breakfast and a smile at her.

"Well it's about time you came downstairs. You shower way too long."

Jade chuckled, "You couldn't just cook breakfast?"

Leigh-Anne shrugged, "This was on my way home, be thankful. I could've burnt your toast this morning."

And it was the little conversations like these that made Jade appreciate the decision she made. Sure, her and Leigh-Anne may not last forever, but making her happy was the best thing she could do.

Perrie deserves someone who appreciates every inch of her. Someone who will never hurt her. Jade clearly was not the one.

-

The clicking of heels could be heard from the minute they stepped inside the coffee shop. Perrie, who stood on the line waiting for her muffin and two black coffees, was the only one whose attention it hadn't caught as yet.

The blonde was far too concerned with getting her order. You could say it was a good thing that the blonde didn't turn around, because what she would've turned around to was someone she was sure she never wanted to see again.

"Hello, can I get two french vanilla coffees with a dozen donuts please." Perrie heard the familiar voice of a woman tell her order. "I'm not picky about the kind of donuts, just mix it up. Thanks."

The clicking got closer and closer to Perrie as they approached the waiting side of the station. Perrie stood behind two people and now this woman would stand behind her.

It seemed like forever for Perrie to get to the front of the line. She was sweating bullets at this point, trying to avoid the woman stood behind her.

"Number 4302, you're muffin and two black coffees." Her order was called and she let out a sigh of relief. She could finally escape without the woman noticing her.

She breezed past the woman, with her head down. Unfortunately for Perrie, the woman had noticed her long before and had many intentions of ruining the girl's day.

"Perrie?"

Perrie froze. This couldn't be. She had dodged her. She was so certain that she had dodged her.

She turned around with the plastered smile on her face, facing the brown-skinned goddess herself.

"Leigh-Anne." she greeted with a tight lipped smile. "How're you doing?"

Leigh-Anne chuckled, "So formal, are we? C'mon, I'll get my order and we'll talk on the way out." She walked away just as her order was called and Perrie let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

-

"I've been doing swell you know." Leigh smiled graciously. "Me and Jade are doing really well, still adjusting to living together but we're getting there." she shrugged.

Perrie nodded and tried not to flinch when she heard Jade's name. They were living together now. When her and Jade were together Jade didn't even want people to suspect anything, now she's moving in with Leigh-Anne as if it's nothing.

It's because she's not ashamed of Leigh-Anne, the little voice told her.

"And we're going to her parents this Christmas. We went to mine for Easter." the raven haired girl continued to ramble.

Perrie shook her head and covered it up so Leigh-Anne wouldn't notice. "I've been in touch with Alex. We're good friends rather than a couple. But it's nice to have some form of companionship."

Leigh-Anne nodded uninterested and looked at her watch as if she had somewhere to be, "Well looks like I gotta get going. Gotta stop by the Indian place down the street and get some dinner." She stood up and put her shades on. "See you sometime." she air kisses Perrie and walks out instantly.

Perrie sat still in her chair, not wanting to get up. Leigh came to rub in her and Jade's relationship all evening. And Perrie didn't appreciate it.

She took her phone out of her purse and called a number she hadn't called in months.

"Hello?" she paused, she didn't know how to answer.

"Hello?" the voice on the other end said again. The voice sighed and hung up the phone.

Why did she even call? Why did she even bother?

•••

ok listen, i know this has turned into some slight leighade but don't worry it fits into the story. i know you wanna see more jerrie, but while this book has less jerrie, my other books such as :
one shots
alone
infatuation
his new wife
and a recent one named
the promise
are full of jerrie :)