part two

"I don't want to be here Sofia! I'm not even nominated for an award." Jade whined.

Sofia rolled her eyes, "This is a charity event for children. Take your head out of your ass for once."

"Well then if it's a charity, why am i presenting an award to someone?"

"It makes you look like you have a heart." Sofia laughed.

"Akekeke everything's a fucking joke isn't it." Jade mocked her. "I don't want to go. Let's turn this car around and head home." she whined.

"Jade Amelia! Put your fucking big girl pants on and smile for those cameras. Hug Leigh Anne or any other member you happen to see and make it look like you're happy for once!" Sofia got out of the car covering her eyes from the flashes.

Any other member? What does that mean?

She extended her arm out to Jade, "Coming or not?"

Jade sighed, "I hate you Sofia." But none the less she took her hand and got out with the biggest smile.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Walking onto the carpet, her eyes were wavering. She was searching for something, but even she herself couldn't figure out what she was searching for.

As she continued to stop and pose for pictures, the paps kept telling her to stay focused on their specific camera. But her eyes could not. She was looking for something, for someone to be specific. She couldn't figure out who.

"Leigh-Anne! Leigh-Anne! This way!"

Jade's neck practically snapped. No more than 6 feet away from her was Leigh Anne. One of her best friends, or used to be.

Put on a smile and act like you two are old best friends who haven't seen eachother in years and are itching for a catch up.

Jade reluctantly walked over to Leigh Anne on the carpet and put her hand on her shoulder.

She could tell by the one second look of disgust, Leigh-Anne wasn't looking forward to this either.

"Jadeyyy," Leigh dragged out in a high pitch voice. "It's so great to see you again!" she hugged Jade tight.

All for the cameras. All for the cameras.

"Great to see you too Leigh." Jade nodded as she pulled away from the cold hug. "I'm about to head inside, so i'll see you in there okay?"

But she didn't wait for a response. She practically sprinted off the carpet. Not wanting to be there for another minute. It's amazing how friendships can change over a period of time.

Just five years ago her and Leigh Anne could talk about any and everything, always going clubbing together, having sleepovers when the other two were out of town. But that woman on the red carpet, was not the Leigh Anne she knew.

She took her seat and waited for the other guest at her table to arrive.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Good evening Miss Thirlwall, I'm Kenny Pollick," the event manager approached, "I hope you're happy with who we have chosen to sit with you this evening. We felt all of you would enjoy being in each other's presence again after so many years." he smiled.

Jade's heart dropped to the pit of her stomach.

No. They couldn't have.

"I hope you're talking about my tour dancers from last year Kenny," she grinned.

He chuckled, "You're in for a surprise. Enjoy your night." he walked away pleased with what he had did. How was he to know he was about to open up the biggest black hole in the building?

"Uhm, Kenny?" Jade shouted stopping him before he walked away, "The next time someone approaches the table, I would prefer for them to call me Mrs Elliott. Tell them they'd get one hell of a bonus." she smirked.

"You got it Miss Thirlwall!" he grinned.

Jade waved her finger, "Uh uh uh."

"Mrs. Elliott." he laughed and walked away.

She sat back in her seat, pleased with herself. If they were gonna be here tonight, she might as well play with their heads.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"And right here is where you'll sit. Enjoy your evening Miss Pinnock."

Jade looked up, "Hello again, Leigh-Anne."

"Jade." Leigh Anne half way smiled as she took her seat, while playing with her nails.

The brunette cleared her throat,"So the event manager just came over, Kenny he said, and told me this table would be filled with people we would enjoy the presence of. People we hadn't seen in a long time."

Leigh Anne looked up at Jade.
Was she shocked? No.
Was she scared? Terrified.

"I'm sure they don't mean.."

"Oh but they do. You know they do. Personally I don't think I could take on either one of them, so right now i'm shaking in my heels." Jade truthfully told her.

No use in being arrogant at this point.

"You don't have to worry about Jesy, she's sick." Leigh Anne announced.

"Sick huh? Or sick of me? Surely you knew i would be here and vice versa. I wouldn't be surprised if she stayed home because of me."

Well...it didn't hurt to be a little arrogant.

Leigh Anne gritted her teeth, surely Jade couldn't be this self-absorbed, "She's sick."

"Who's sick?"

The pair looked up. There she stood.

All blonde and beautiful per usual

All blonde and beautiful per usual. She had grow out her hair. She had a more confident walk. She had a more confident everything.

Jade gasped,"Perrie."

Leigh Anne facepalmed, "Oh shit."