Chapter 15

Lieutenant Simmons carried me downstairs as Oliver followed directly behind her. She placed me in the back of the ambulance as Oliver and Lieutenant Simmons followed them to the hospital were I was admitted in and put through a lot of testing to figure out what was wrong. Oliver stayed by my side as Lieutenant Simmons talked to one of my doctors to see what the problem was. I had awoken moments later with Oliver holding my frail hand sitting by the hospital bed all worried and scared if something happened. I sat up a little to settle my stomach for I thought I was about to vomit. Oliver stood up still holding on to my hand giving me the stare.

"Harlee-" says the doctor as he walks in with my chart as Lieutenant Simmons waits just outside the room.

I look pass the doctor as he talks about me in a language that I don't understand as I see Lieutenant Simmons back block the door. I look and observe at all the mechanics around me as I start to feel uncomfortable and crowded. I cringed at the sound of my name as Dr. Goodman uttered it. I squeezed tightly on the sheets and bit my bottom lip. He kept talking as he didn't make any eye contact. He pushed up his glasses as they almost fell off. All I could think about was how Lieutenant Simmons saved my life. If it wasn't for her I would be in a coma, or worse dead.

It turns out when I fainted I hadn't eaten anything with in hours. Dr. Goodman also said that I was starting to feel nauseous because it's flu season and that I needed to get my annual flu shot. Oliver and I thought it was because I was pregnant. Thank GOD! I dodged that bullet; otherwise how else was I going to explain that to Maxwell. If he wasn't thinking about killing me now he'd have a reason too.

The doctor left minutes later as Oliver went to get something to eat. I was left in the room to think long and hard about what I was going to do next. Lieutenant Simmons was standing outside my door as I asked the nurse to bring her in. She nodded as she asked if she'd keep me company. Lt. Simmons hesitated for she never left her post while on the clock and came in anyways. The nurse left moments later as Lieutenant Simmons sat down next to me. Oliver came in with a sub sandwich and a bag of chips as the nurse closed the door to give me privacy. He watched us through the small glass space as he ate one chip slowly at a time.

"You didn't have to stay" I said looking her way.

"No worries Harlee it's my job to serve and protect. I served now it's time to protect." says Lieutenant Simmons with a smile.

She lays back in the chair and looks at me as I start to cough. She jumps up as I cover my mouth with my hand and sit up to get comfortable. I look at her as she does just about everything to keep me safe. She stroked her hair back away from her face as I could tell she was nervous. She knocked over the water on the little tray as she poured me a cup and handed it to me. I laughed under my breath for it looked like she was trying to hard to impress me.

"Are you always this nervous around girls; Lieutenant Simmons?" I asked as I helped cleaned up the water.

She looked at me and chuckled under her breath as she gazed into my eyes. I bit the side of my bottom lip as I began to blush. The feeling I was expressing came back in between my thighs for I couldn't stop smiling.

"No; not to the women I like" she says as she sat down in the chair next to the hospital bed.

There it goes again....

The feeling in between my thighs began to increase in pleasure as I tried my best to keep still. Why is she so attractive? Why am I feeling this way? Stop it Queenie. I tell myself giving Lieutenant Simmons eye contact. Not long after, Camille and Zoey rushed in as they met with Oliver to see how I was doing. He stopped them by the door as they looked and saw me talking with Lieutenant Simmons who had a smile on her face as she and I talked about nothing.