CHAPTER 36: The Misty Forest

(Iris' Point of View)

The Capitol, once great place, was turned into a fortress of darkness. The regression already took place which added to the wickedness of the place. He was there. He turned the lobby into his receiving area with a throne at the center. Torches were hanged on the wall. On the floor, a long red carpet was perfectly placed from the main entrance to where he was seated. He likewise had his personal vanguard; three on his left and three on his right. They were called the king's guards.

He was perfectly seated on his throne when I entered to report. "They were so gullible, my lord," I told Dominic. "They have this diary, the late pioneer's diary," I reported what I had after a day of being with the other keepers.

"The diary?" he asked me. "Do you have it now?"

"I haven't touched nor unraveled it yet, my lord."

"Excellent work, Iris," he applauded my work. " But, I want you to tell me what is that diary for as soon as you get information. Now, I want you to send Sebastian to Bria and put these notes in his pocket," he instructed.

I nodded. "May I leave now, my lord?"

"Yes," he allowed.

"One more thing, send the fire-breathing dragon to Sailendra to give Cassandra a warning.

"Yes, my lord."

"Likewise, don't forget the Misty Forest."

***

(Tamara's Point of View)

We were living in a world that was difficult to ascertain. This mass of concealed land where we were thriving was formed to guide the inhabitants of the world; however, it was really hard for me to differentiate the two. For an instance, the places, society and culture, traditions, languages, and even the government system, we shared all of these.

Let's stick with places. Well, there were always places in any world that we don't dare to go. If they have the Bermuda Triangle, in the Realm, we have the Mystical Forest. Long before history, as we knew it, this unseen world was dominated by powerful individuals of different physical characteristics. They once controlled the different elements present on the planet. Until some went rogue and wanted to gain supremacy over both worlds. The righteous ones wholeheartedly surrendered their power while the scoundrels rebelled. Some of them were thrown to the nations outside, the archfiends.

Many were saying that some hid so well that even the mighty eyes of the Creator failed to see them. They were there lurking in the shadow of the gigantic trees; dwelling in the darkness of the caves, and living in the rivers and lakes of the Mystical Forest. This challenged me. It was a time for me to know.

There was a map of the Realm carved in the table. He was pointing at the place where we should go. "The man that we ordered to bring the key in the forest is never been seen since then," he said.

"Excuse me," Miguel interrupted. "We were talking for almost a day, and we still don't know your name. I mean you probably know us already and we have no idea of what your name is."

"I'm sorry," he pardoned. "My name is Freon Sailem from the Island of Tyrion," he added.

"Court Sailem, the one who swore an allegiance with Court Abrasic to ouster their rival, Court Ludracris, in the past," I uttered. The Tactic Room was set in silences.

"That was before, Lady Tamara," he told me. "We were on good terms with the Ludracris at this point in time."

"But, your court still holds on the sole ownership of Tyrion. I think it's about time to welcome them again from Germania."