CHAPTER 31: The Diary

(Cassandra's Point of View)

"Chances are unlimited; however, we only have one shot to make this miserable life of ours great." She would always tell me that whenever I commit mistakes. Her wisdom never failed to guide me each day. I missed her, and I regret that the last moment that we shared was chaotic. I really cannot understand myself since that incident that changed our lives. Deep inside I know why; but, whenever I would think of it, things start to blur. So, I know, inside of me was a monster that slowly puts my sanity in vain.

"She stood by me against all odds. Thus, I will do anything to return her deeds for me."

"What?" Sabrina asked me.

I did not look at her annoying face anymore. "Nothing," I replied. "We really have to arrive at the Capitol first."

"Why not send General Rob a message?"

"That's a good suggestion," I sarcastically said. "You'll be going to put this mission in vain if we do that."

Lucas who was sitting butted in the conversation. "She's right, Sabrina."

"You arrived here an hour and a half before we did, right?" I asked them.

"That's correct," Alexandria finally spoke after an hour of thinking and silence. "Why?"

I was not able to speak for a moment. Her tone seemed angry. I knew by the way she speaks and looks at me, she has something for me. She was mad at me. That's fine for me. It was not yet the right time to reveal the secret that I have. Silence filled the atmosphere.

"Are we just going to wait here?" Sabrina talked again.

"The constabularies will impose maximum tolerance," I told them. I made sure that there will be zero casualties during the fiasco unless the second party insists to use force. If that happens, there will be more reason for the regression to take place. He is silent in the Kingdom of Heaven. His silent times are His working moments.

From being seated, Alexandria tapped the table so hard. "The Hive," she said. "Dominic will take the Hive first to control and mingle with the affairs of the outside nations."

"The more conflict and chaos they will experience, the faster the process of regression," Lucas said. "The portals are also in danger, once he put both the Capitol and the Hive in his hands."

I began to walk, following the length of the table. Edge to edge, I walked. As I move, I let things flow inside my brain. At that moment, the troops of both parties are already prepared for a bloody debacle. I was worried sick. Then, I thought what in the world are we doing in the basement? I am the pioneer; I have to do something in order to save the Realm in this mess.

A phone rang. It was Alexandria's, as I saw her pick it. "Yes?" she said. Based on her tone and facial expression, the topic was somewhat very serious. There are times that she would look at me, and she would slightly cover her mouth as she talks with her voice, lower. I seriously observed her.

Lucas stood from being seated. He approached Alexandria. "What's the matter?" he asked the commander. She looked in reply, signaling that she was not yet finished talking with the person over the phone. Her conversation with the person over the phone took almost ten minutes of her time. "It was Sebastian," she told Lucas as she put her phone inside her pocket.

"What happened to Sebastian?" Sabrina asked.

On the other hand, I remained silent. It felt like I was an outsider that they can kick out of that basement we were in. Ideas of finally collaborating with their plan began to stir in my mind. I focused on thinking about it. Will they trust you, my dear? A gentle voice tested me. You have to tell them about the diary; it will help you gain their trust. I sat in the chair and leaned my head on the table. I closed my eyes. "Stop, it's not yet time!" I shouted inside my brain.