CHAPTER 20: Queen of the Realm

(Pioneer Cassandra's Point of View)

"Queen or Empress Cassandra, which one sounds supreme to you?" I asked myself in front of my mirror. I fixed my hair and adored my beauty. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door of my room. "It's Miguel," he said. "Please come in," I requested him. He entered. "Any progress with the boy?" I asked as I told him to sit a sofa in the corner of my room. "Hestia, Nathaniel is in Hestia," he responded.

***

(Alexandria's Point of View)

"Cassandra has a superiority complex and a narcissistic personality disorder, we know that," I told Miguel. My twin sister, Merriah, used to tell me stories about her when we see each other before. She was frequently telling me that Cassandra always concentrates on grandiose fantasies such as leading the Realm like a queen and that people admire her so much for her beauty and brilliance. Those ideas let her convince herself that she deserves special attention. People around her know that she has difficulty in tolerating criticism or defeat. She always feels humiliated and empty when she faces rejection or when the spotlight is not being focused on her.

"That is the reason why she needs to be a queen, to fulfill that grandiose dream of hers?" Miguel asked me.

"Definitely. She has a psychological problem, and alarmingly that most people are blind enough to notice it," I answered.

"She's a good actress, by the way," he told me.

"Now, that's a real problem. She's good at fooling people."

"In addition to that, that witch has been diagnosed with superiority complex. She believes that she is better and cleverer than the people in the Capitol. She puts herself first because she thinks her welfare is more important than others," Miguel continued the vibe of our conversation.

"We really need to pursue the Southern Courts," I encouraged Miguel to give his full effort on our mission in getting the southerners go against the incumbent pioneer.

"How about the mission of Mika and Daniel?"

"The boy? Nathaniel, my nephew?"

"Yes," Cassandra is looking for him too."

"We should get the boy first because he has something that we need."

"Why? The Sleuths are not yet updating about his whereabouts yet?"

"If he just cooperated the first time I located him, it will be easier."

Miguel's phone rang. The sound almost occupied all of the Core. "It's the witch," he said which explained the shock in his face. He answered the phone when I asked him to pick it up. Afterwards, he hurriedly said goodbye. "She wants me to go in Sailendra," he said. I stood up from the chair where I was seated so was he.

We went out of the Core. Well, the place became our meeting place since no one visits it anymore except for the people who badly need a file that cannot be retrieved from the Hive's servers. It is the safest meeting place in the Capitol that I know and is accessible to the both of us. "Stay safe," I said before we finally split our way as if nothing happened; no meeting or conversation happened between us.

***

(Miguel's Point of View)

The engine of the train was already heated when I reached the station. So, it was nearly dusk when I reached Sailendra. When I arrive at Cassandra's mansion, the first thing that I did was to approach the first maidservant I saw. I asked for directions in towards her bedroom since it was my first time to be in that place. I was a stranger to that the place. Like the mansion that we stayed in at Lumeria, Cassandra's mansion is huge and ancestral too. It's probably her father's, the late Pionner Kairo, if I'm going to based on the grand staircase that I saw when I entered the main door. During his administration, several events were held in the mansion, and the staircase was always the star of the event.