CHAPTER 14: Her Last Night

(Tamara's Point of View)

Staying in Hestia for days gave me a new perspective on life; every creation deserves a second chance, and even unlimited chances to begin a new life. The division has a  vast farmland and welcoming people which truly helped me to recover. I was amazed the first time I saw them work. I cannot imagine that they are used to move under the scorching heat of the sun just to feed the Realm.

Everything was perfect and in its proper places not until we received a call.

"Tamara," Sebastian caught my attention. I was helping the farmers, mostly Fusions, in planting.

"Why?" I replied while I wiped my face.

"Can we talk?"

"This is talking already."

"In private."

I did not respond anymore, instead, I pointed my finger at a big Acacia. "Let us talk under the shade of that tree," I said.  We went under it and sit and its big old roots. "The Capitol already proclaimed Justice Cassandra as the new pioneer," Sebastian told me as soon as we made ourselves comfortable. "...and?" I asked implying that I don't care about her, and it is not necessary for me to know anymore if she's already there.

"We're not safe here," he said. I was not responding to him, instead, I was throwing and tossing pebbles from where I was seated. "We have to go as soon as we can," he insisted. "Why?" I asked and frowned. "Iris told me that Justice Cassandra just announced that you killed Pioneer Merriah," he explained. "We have to take the train this afternoon going to Lumeria," he said worriedly. I was confused, everything seemed arranged. 

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

"Please, just stop," I replied.

"I asked you, do you trust me?" he repeated.

"You wanna really hear this?"

"Yes!"

"No! I just met you because you were stalking me!" I gave him the answer that he was asking. "How can I trust a person whom I just met?" I added.

"Okay, fine!" he seemed offended. "Go get yourself someone you can trust aside from me here!" he loses his temper. After that, he walked out. I followed him when I realized that was all I got. "I'm sorry," I apologized then I hugged him from his back. "Thank you!" I added. I felt that he was still offended because he was not replying. "You can trust me," he assured. After that, we said goodbye to Ana. Things were so fast. We hurried to the station and bought a ticket going to Lumeria. 

We arrived at Lumeria at sundown. From the station, we rent a car to a mansion. It was a huge and fancy one. No one opened the gate for the two of us. The distance is not so far from the gate to the main door of the mansion. I knocked. "Hello?" I asked. "Wait, I'll call someone," Sebastian said. Subsequently, I remembered my cape. "Sebastian forgot my cape!" I freaked out.  "It's just a cape, Tamara," he responded. "It has my phone, and it's important" I just said. He asked for a short moment from me in order for him to make a call. I was so worried about the phone because it has the everything I have, pieces of evidence that can push me on hard and on the other hand free me from the mess I entered.  Sebastian finally made a call, "we're here," he said.

The door opened, and I did not expect what I saw. It was Mika who opened the door. She is one of the apprentices of Chief Justice Dominic. "Mika?" I asked. She did not respond, instead, she hugged Sebastian. "What's the meaning of this," I asked Sebastian. "Just, trust me, I'll explain later."

***

"So, you're one of his apprentices?" I asked Sebastian after he explained everything. Mika was just staring at me like I'm the worst person in the Realm.  We had a moment of silence. I took the opportunity to roam my eyes around the living room, and to entertain myself to get away from the heating confrontation.  We were at one of the living rooms of the mansion. It has big sofas, one of which was the one I sit on. The interior is purely brown, the wallpaper, adornments, sofas, and tables. After that moment of silence,  she stood up from where she was sitting. "Prepare yourself, the others are going here too," she said. I know she was going to continue speaking but someone butted in. "Tamara!" he said. It was Daniel. I was so happy to see him. He approached and hugged me.