CHAPTER 32: Sabrina, Redeem Yourself!

(Sabrina's Point of View)

Useless. Nothing. Empty. I realized that the smart girl that everyone loves and adores is nothing but a pain to a mission which aimed to save the Realm. I don't care if they call me a bloodsucking leech because I'm only here for my sister. She's the one that's only left for me to fulfill my role in this land. Without her, I'm incomplete.

"Sabrina, redeem yourself," I told myself to fuel the fire in my heart that keeps me going.

I went upstairs to think. After Commander Alexandria slapped in my face that I am causing them burdens, I realized, I needed to be alone. I scanned the shelf. I pointed my finger from one law book to another. It only filled my finger with dust. In the end, I found nothing that will get my interest. I lowered my sight and saw two small cabinet drawers. I sharpened my eyesight and saw names that were engraved in each door; Merriah on the right and Alexandria on the left. I tried to pull it; however, it's locked.

I made myself comfortable on the sofa. Then, a few minutes later, sunlight penetrated through the small window near the door. The sunlight already kissed the ground. All we did was to throw mud at each other. But, for Sebastian and the Capitol, we did nothing.

The continuous explosions that we heard proved that Dominic's goals were realized. The Capitol has fallen, so as the Hive will fall. I'm not dumb. I knew from that moment, they were going to open the portals. By that time, likewise, the archfiends, those evil creatures, will penetrate our lands and will destroy the balance that we were maintaining for thousands of years.

"Sabrina!" Lucas called me to go downstairs. "Faster!"

I hurriedly go downward even though I did not want to. "What is it?"

"He masqueraded," Cassandra uttered.

I saw their faces. It's like the war destroyed the whole city, and one was left. In turned out different. "How was that possible? I mean, there were explosions."

"He unified the opposing parties. The explosions were just for a show. He let his own reserve explode to prove that his intention of uniting them is pure."

"That's unbelievable," I uttered.

"It happened," Lucas said.

I remembered the cabinet doors. "Commander Alexandria, can I ask you something?"

She was rubbing her forehead when she looked at me. "Yes," she answered.

"I found something upstairs, the cabinet drawers below the shelf."

"And?"

"What are its contents?"

My question made her think. She frowned and sat. "Those small cabinet drawers have nothing," she replied.

"Are you sure? Then why those are locked?"

"Locked?" She was aghast to hear that those cabinet drawers were locked. "What you are talking is impossible." She hurriedly went upstairs and we followed her. She approached the drawers and tried to pull it. "You're right," she told me. The drawers are pure steel, so we cannot break it. Plus, even though the shelf is made out of wood, it's a hardwood which was hard to break likewise.

She approached the desk and opened its drawer to find the keys that will match to the ones that we wanted to open. After finding nothing, she moves to the bookshelf. "Help me," she said as she began to open each book.

"She should have hidden the keys in one of these books," she said.

"Why?" I asked her. "What would she hide in these drawers.