CHAPTER 7: Commander Alexandria

It's been a week after the pioneer's death. It was followed by one, and another one. The officials of the Realm carefully picked the small pieces of evidence they accumulated in one week time only to take a glance at how the pioneer was murdered. On the other hand, this is, again, one of those other boring days in the Hive. Well, I have been keeping track of the days since that unfortunate night. So far, I am still living a life away from the debates of the High Court, away from those grandstanding lawyers.

The Council is yet to the reveal the appointed pioneer. It's one of the privileges given to the pioneers, to have someone to replace them if they are not able to fulfill their duty due to sudden death. He or she shall take over, and is allowed only to hold office until he or she covered the term of the pioneer who chose them. This is further legalize by the other branches of the Council; the Statutory, Magistrate, and the Tribune.

The officials were already preparing for the transition, a fancy ceremony which the Realm is holding to welcome a new pioneer. The event symbolizes continuity, hope, and a new beginning. On the other hand, if the Capitol was busy, we were much more busy in the Hive. We just lost Commander Nate; but, the Philippines badly needs our assistance. This country is one of the hardest lands to hold. It has everything - poverty, rotten government and justice system, and bogus leaders which its peoples voted.

***

"We are inviting all of you to proceed to the quarter's auditorium," an announcement through the speakers. We started to move from the place where we were situated to the venue. While walking, I saw Sabrina, the elder sister of Tamara. Most people thought that they are not related because they don't look alike much. Aside from it, they differ a lot - their hobbies and their way of dressing themselves. Tamara is an outdoor person while Sabrina is a debate material. The former loves jeans and coats while the former loves wearing corporate attire. They are both lawyers less that Sabrina is much confident than her sister.

As I walk, "Sab... Sabrina! Can I talk to you?"

"Yes, what is it?"

"Did you see Tamara?"

"Nope!" she said. "She hasn't gone home since the gathering at Tymera," she added after a short while.

"I see, thank you!" I said when we are about to enter the auditorium.

The event already started when I occupied a seat on the upper left portion of the place. There was a woman with a brown, curly, and bouncing hair. I was not able to have a clear image of her at first, so I removed my eyeglasses and wiped it. "Wait is this real?" I was shocked. I saw a woman who died a few days ago.

"I'm Alexandria, you new commander," she proudly said. "I know you're in shock, and I'll take that as a compliment," she added when she saw our reactions when she introduced herself. She continued to persuade us because we really cannot believe our eyes. "Okay, I get it. I look like her. That's because we're identical twins; but, we're different," she seemed annoyed. As she continued, she talked about how she runs a team, her likes, and dislikes, and introduced Sabrina as her apprentice. "It's an honor to work with you, and in this place which my sister ran for years. May he have a fruitful time as a team," she ended her speech.

After that, Miguel approached me. "Hey, Angelo is this real?" he said. "I mean, I'm one of her apprentices; but, I'm not aware that she had a sister."

"I'm shocked like you, Miggy," I replied while wiping my eyeglasses again. "Maybe, its better to move back to our desks," I urge Miguel.

"Yeah, you're right."

On our way back to our respective desks, Sabrina approached me. "Commander Alexandria is looking for you, Angelo," she said. "She said she wants to discuss some matter with, that's all I have," she added. She escorted me to the office of Commander Alexandria. As I roomed around her office, I noticed that she hasn't changed its interior design yet. "You are wondering why I haven't changed the interior yet?" she asked me. "Yes," told her. "Well, I also love a brown motif, very classy, never gonna bother for an overhaul," she said and smiled.

She let me sit on one of the two chairs in front of her new desk, the left one. She asked Sabrina if we can have a private moment for a while. Sabrina, with the request of our commander, went off the office politely.

"I want you to leave the Hive," she said very seriously. I was confused by her statement.

"Pardon?" I replied.

"The Hive, I want you to leave this place, your desk, abandon your duty," she explained fastly.

"But... I cannot do that, I swore an oath," I defended myself.

"I know you're a lawyer, an intelligent one. Also, I know that you know that there are reservations stipulated on the paper that legalized your service here in the Hive, what is that again?"

"We are allowed to file a motion to the Capitol that repeals our oath given that we have an order or orders from a higher authority," I said in a sad tune.

"Definitely!" she said at the same time she snapped her finger. "This is an order, not a request."

"But for what ground?" I asked. "I mean why ask me to leave, does the Realm needs my service badly than what I am doing now?" I added. She silent herself for a while, and gave me a wild long stare. "Forgive me," I said because I thought I offended her.

"No, don't be," she said. "Yes, the Realm needs your help otherwise your motion will be trashed by the Capitol. "The Capitol ordered me to talk to you, make you do something for them."

"And, that is?"

"Look for Nathaniel, the son of the late pioneer."

"She had a son?"

"What... are you deaf?" she seemed sacred. "This is highly confidential, and if you want to the both of us, and the rest of the team under this cover remain in the Realm, you make your voice low."

"Team? Cover? I can't follow."

"You're not alone in this quest, you have company, and sooner they will be revealed."

"Copy," I nodded. "I'll file a motion as soon as possible."

"Thank you!" she extended her hand for a handshake. "Another thing, go tell to Justice Cassandra that I'm back, she'll be delighted to hear it."

"Okay," I replied even though I do not know where she is that moment, probably because of the incident.

"That's all, you can now go back to your desk," she said.

"Nice meeting you, Commander Alexandria." After I said that she gave me a sweet smile.