CHAPTER 23: Shoot!

(Miguel's Point of View)

In order to prove my loyalty to the incumbent pioneer which happened to be a narcissistic cold-blooded witch, I have to take the life of my beloved sister. Of course, with all of my conviction, I cannot commit what she wants to do. So, I arrived with a plan instead.  Let Sebastian and Mika drink the same potion that I took at Lumeria. It will make them, for hours, a corpse. Since they already know the truth, for now, so I have to stage their death. This will keep them safe from Cassandra, who is getting wicked each day.

I began to make my plan into realization.

"Well, what do we have here? The feisty constabulary and her friend," Cassandra said upon entering the abandoned warehouse where Mika and Sebastian were tied. "Please, don't waste your energy, sweetheart," she jousted. "Proceed. I have other matters that I need to attend to. Since they don't work well for me, I have to eradicate them from the face of the Realm," she told me. She got angry when they got nothing during their search at the Core. Plus, she believes that they will not follow her anyway, so why keep them alive?

I put out two vials from my pocket, one for Mika and one for Miguel. "This will kill them without pain. I must admit, she's my sister and he's my friend, I don't want to cause them pain," I explained as I walk slowly towards them. She did not respond, but, she maintained her eyesight on will I do. "Faster!" she shouted. I cannot do it even if it was not a poison, the liquid in the vials that I was holding. "Ughhhh! Give me the poison. I'll do it myself!" she approached me and get the vials from me. She harassed my sister, but not Sebastian. Slapped her. Finally, she forced her to take the supposed poison.

After a while, they ran out of oxygen. She seemed unhappy with what she had done. She put out something from her clutch. "Shoot them!" she was giving me a gun. "Shoot them in the head," she insisted because she knew that I was hesitant to do what she said. "Shoot them or I'll shoot you!" she warned. I walked slowly and received the gun. The light began to flicker as my mind went blank. I was pointing the gun at my sister and she was very happy to witness that. Then, I had a change of heart. "Lunatic!" I shouted and put the gun towards her. "What is this?" she asked while she was stepping backward. I said no word. Suddenly I shot her in her leg. She fell to the ground.

I hurriedly put the antidote out of my pocket, let Mika and Sebastian intake it. In a short moment, they opened their eyes. I untied them while watching Cassandra's moves. I did not stop pointing my gun at that witch. "Traitor!" she shouted while enduring the pain she was going through. "Miguel," Mika hugged me. "There's no time, we have to get out of this place," I said. We ran until we got out of the warehouse. We left the witch wounded. I can't kill her, I'm no killer. 

"What happened?" Sebastian asked while we were running.

"We are heading to Commander Alexandria's house here in the Capitol," I said.

"Miguel, what happened?" Mika stopped me from running.

I looked at her. "She wants me to shoot you," I explained. "We should change our plans. I got enough information about her transactions anyway."

"Guys?" Sebastian cut our moment short. "Look!" he pointed out at a car which stopped in front of us.

"It's Chief Justice Dominic's car," Mika said in shock.

"His personal car, which engine starts only through his fingerprint," Sebastian continued.

"This can't be real," Mika cannot believe their eyes, particularly the moment that the person inside stepped down. 

"Did you miss me, my beloved apprentices?" he said. It was the chief justice back in the flesh. I just remembered the day Mika confronted Angelo about his death. Likewise, how my sister despises Tamara. It a slap in her face to see him alive and kicking. "Hop in," he offered his car. "I know you are in trouble, faster," he added. He was an angel sent from above for us that moment; however, the time he showed was the time I began to suspect him. I thought of things, hideous things. I wondered why did he stage his death, I mean was the man that Tamara killed? Why did he know that we are in trouble?