CHAPTER 15: In the Court of Alexandria

(Angelo's Point of View)

"Mika, calm down," Sebastian told her when Mika freaked out when she found out that Miguel is dead. 

"Please, do not pull the trigger!" pleaded Sabrina.

"Can you bring my brother's life back?" she shouted while she was close to pulling the trigger.

"Mika, no one in this mansion killed your brother," I explained. We found Miguel's body in one of the rooms of the mansion after Tamara screamed her heart out. He was lying in his bed, lifeless. He had no stab wounds or bruises when Tamara saw him, but, when we checked further we found out that he was strangled to death. It was evident on the marks he had in his neck.

She sat down beside the corpse of his brother and started to stare at him. Everyone in that room was so watchful of her movements, particularly that she has a gun which she found on her way to the room. "Stop, acting like you have never done this before Tamara!" she continuously accused Tamara of killing her brother. Suddenly, the lights flickered and eventually, the power went out. The surrounding became dim and as the hands of the clock hanged on the wall of the room moves, the room became darker. "Okay, nobody moves from their places," someone said, but, based on the voice, it's Sebastian.

"Mika,"please calm down," I consoled her as she continued crying and shouting her hatred against Tamara.

I tried to move towards the position of Tamara. I was near the door and she was on the left side of the bed, few steps for me to reach her. Mika was positioned on the right side with Daniel and Sebastian. On the other hand, Sabrina was on the right side of the door. When the lights came back, Daniel and Sebastian quickly grabbed Mika. The gun dropped to the floor.

"Hey Tamara, are you okay?" I came near her to console her because she was shocked. She was not even able to talk the entire time Mika was shouting to her face.

"Ahhhhh! Let go of me!" Mika shouted. "Let me go!" she added. Sebastian and Daniel were holding her, enough to control her. We were following them from the room to the hallway to a basement of the mansion. When we were about to enter the basement, Sabrina decided to keep Tamara away. So, they went to the living room.

"What are you doing?" Mika said angrily when she noticed that she was being tied to a chair.

The basement was so creepy. It was so dusty and dark inside. In addition to that was the old furniture, decoration materials, and old books surround us. The only light that made us see each other was the only working bulb hanging in the center of the basement. Often times, it flickered. 

"Can you let me go!" Mika repeated these words again and again while trying to untie herself.

"Not until you calm down, Mika," Daniel said.

"Can we not do this?" I told Sebastian and Daniel.

"Are you kidding?" Sebastian asked while his forehead frowned slightly.

"No more blood," Daniel agreed with Sebastian.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"We're not gonna kill her if that's what you think," Daniel replied. It was relieving me.

In the middle of our conversation, we heard a scream from upstairs. It's not loud from where we were situated but we knew someone screamed. "Who's that?" Sebastian asked Daniel. "It's Sabrina," he replied. I'll go and take a look," I volunteered. Before I finally went upstairs Daniel said that he will go with me. "Stay with Mika, he said to Sebastian.

We were shocked on what he saw; Miguel's body was not on the bed anymore. "I was just going to look for my phone," Sabrina explained. She also stated that she was afraid to go inside, but, she needed her phone. When she got inside, she noticed that Miguel's body was not there, so she screamed.

"Where's Tamara?" I asked Sabrina.

"She's in the living room," she replied while she tried to comfort herself.

"I'll go for her,"Daniel said.

After a few moments, Daniel returned, Tamara's not there," he reported.

"What?" Sabrina asked while she sat on the bed. It seems that she lost her energy because of what she just experienced.

"Please call Sebastian, I'll for Tamara around the house," I requested to Daniel. He approached the basement while Sabrina and I searched for Tamara. We decided to meet in the living room. "Tamara!" Sabrina and I kept on shouting her name. The mansion was big, and we only use a small portion of it. After minutes of shouting and calling her name, we had no response. "Let's go back to the living room, maybe she's already back there," I told Sabrina. We did go back to the living room. When we got there, Daniel was sitting on one of the sofas. "Angelo," he uttered while he slowly stood up. "Why? Where is he?" I asked. He explained that Sebastian and Mika were not in the basement anymore. "What?" Sabrina freaked out. She ran her way towards the main door. "Sabrina, wait!" Daniel shouted. We felt like a mess because things seemed to be out of our control.

"No!" Sabrina shouted. The door was locked from the outside. We tried the windows and the back door but those were locked. The window has steel bars forged not to be broken easily.

"What's happening in this place?" Daniel uttered.

"I thought we were safe in this court," Sabrina continued to freak out.

"Mika and Sebastian were not in the basement," Daniel said again. "Where's Tamara?"

"We cannot find her," I replied. He did not respond.

"What is that look, Daniel?" Sabrina leaned her attention to Daniel.

"I'm sorry but, I think Tamara has something do to with this."

"Okay, please stop this. It does not make any sense," I stopped them. Suddenly, the lights began to flicker again. "The power...," Sabrina said after that the power went out. We cannot see anything. Then, we heard something. Someone was walking slowly on the wooden floor of the mansion was creaking. "This is not good anymore," Sabrina said. "Daniel and Angelo, do you have your phones? she added. When we affirmed that we had our phones, she asked us to turn it on, so we can have some light.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh! Help! Someone, please help me!" someone screamed and the light got back once again. When we were about to follow the sound, the power went off again.

"Really, whoever's behind this, it's not funny," Daniel shouted.

The court of Alexandria is separated from the rest of the mansions and houses in Lumeria. The nearest neighbor the house has is ten blocks away. It is not easy for anyone to hear the screams from her court unless otherwise, one will observe the place intentionally. Rising trees and grasses surround the mansion. It also serves as the neighbors of the court. The good thing is that the path going to the mansion is not dark because of the street lights that are planted along the way.

"Daniel, stop it," I told Daniel as I put the light coming from my phone.

"I believe we should find her," Sabrina suggested.

"Who? Tamara," Daniel asked.

"Tamara and that one who screamed for help," she answered.

"Wait, I guess it's Tamara," I said to them as I observed the voice.

We followed the voice with our phones lighting out way. The more steps we take, the louder the voice becomes. We finally reached the stair going to the second floor of the mansion. "Wait, my phone is dead,"Daniel told us after is phone flickered for a while then shut down. We were almost halfway of the fifty steps of the elaborated stair we were on. "This sound really scares me," Sabrina uttered as she heard the creaking sound of the wooden and polisher stair. After a few moments we finally reached the second. It took us time because we intentionally keep our sounds low.

"Left or right?" Daniel asked.

"I'm sure it's left," I replied with all of my conviction.

Sabrina held my arms so tight that I felt that she was really scared.

Author's Note:

To be continued...