CHAPTER 5: Apprentice Tamara

"Apprentice Tamara, may we invite you for some coffee?" a female Constabulary asked me.

"Who are you?" I replied. "I mean who do you work for?" I added. Well, she was a woman, and she almost got me to trust her in an instant. But after that, I tried to get away from her sight. I did, however, she had with her two tall men waiting for her command to catch me. The next thing I knew was I woke up in an unfamiliar office.

Footsteps woke me up from my sleep. The first thing I did after that was to go directly to the door, unluckily, it was locked from the outside. Then, I looked out the stained window to get a hint where I was. It turned out useless. I searched further until I saw something. It was her office. I thought of it when I came to my senses. The big stained window and large wooden door are always in the stories of Angelo. I was sure, it was the office of Justice Cassandra.

I heard someone approaching the door.

'Who is that?" I asked. Then the door was slowly opened by someone who was about to reveal its identity. That creaking sound of the door seemed endless, and it freaked me out.

"Tamara, apprentice of Pioneer Merriah. It's my privilege to exchange talks with you," he said while he gently closed the door.

"What do you want?" I told him as I tried to drive him away.

"Well, the reason why I summoned you is that a bird told me that you just committed murder," he said while he was taking his steps towards me. "You know, taking away a right from someone, that's what you did," he added while pointing his finger at me.

"Why are you even here?" I said to him as I tried to divert our conversation. "You're supposed to be at Tymera, not here. Why are even here? This is not your office!" I said.

"You have so many queries, Tamara. How about you? You were not in Tymera when we picked you."

"Picked me or abducted me? I said. "you know what, with all due respect, can you please release me because I have to go to Tymera."

"Are you sure?" They told me that you were not heading your way to that place when they found you," he prosecuted me.

"I was," I shouted.

"You what?" Were you about to leave the Capitol?

"No! I was going to Tymera. Just, please let me go." I pleaded.

Based on his reaction, I knew he was not agreeing with me going out of that office. So I took off my stilettos and approached the door. When I was about to open it, he grabbed me by my hair, pulled me, and pushed me against that hard office table.

"Admit it!" he shouted.

"Why are you pushing me to take part of a crime which I have no knowledge of? I hysterically asked him.

"Liar!"

"Wait, let me change my question. Did you kill her? Anwer me, because it seems that you are just pinning it on me."

"Watch your filthy mouth apprentice," he said. He looks threatened. After that, he acted as if he is going to pull me up from where I was placed after he pushed me. Before he does, I grabbed my stiletto. As soon as he touched my left hand, I hit him on his nape. I pinned my stiletto on him as if he was a cushion, the difference is that he was living, so he ran out of breath. That time, I knew he was already dead because he lied on the floor with his eyes wide open.

I stood up even though my strength already left my body. I hurriedly went near the door, and silently opened it. When I finally got out of that office, I tiptoed my way to the hall, and when I was about to take the first left out of the place, his men saw me. There was no blood stain on my face or hands, and even in my clothes. But, my eyes grew bigger when I saw them and ran as fast as I could back to the office of the justice.

I had no time to catch my breath anymore. As soon as I entered the office, I locked it. I roamed my eyes to find possible exits. I cannot think straightly and it became worst when they were already breaking the door to catch me. There was that beautiful window but I had no time to appreciate it further, hence I hit it with a law book from the table. It was thick but not enough to break the window. So, I approached the shelf beside it, and one by one threw those against the window until I made a hole which I can fit myself in. Things were so fast, but just before they destroyed the door, I already managed to escape. I was thankful, the office has no second floor.

I thought I got out of the office smoothly, but I was wounded by a sharp glass from the window.I was able to handle the pain and ran so fast. They were running after me. There were few people in the streets because most were in Tymera. I was able to get away from their sight by changing my direction. I took the narrow street and hid beside a garbage box while fearing for my life. When I felt safe, I thought of returning to my apartment, but I bet the Constabularies are already there.

"She made me do it." I wept. "She killed Pioneer Merriah," I added.

I stayed there until I fell asleep. When I woke up, it's already sundown. I decide to go back to the office to bury the pieces of evidence I left - my stilettos and fingerprints. Minutes after I went back to the office, a car was about to enter the premises. I ran to the office and immediately get my stilettos. After that, my conscience wants me to surrender, and it took me a little time to realize that I should go. Then, I heard someone approaching the door, it was Justice Cassandra.

"I know what you did, murderer!" I told her.