15. The Balance

Jace and Jezebel stood in the doorway of Anna's room in shock. Expecting to see their friend on the bed or sitting in the armchair, they instead saw a figure by the by window with their back towards them. From their back protruded two enormous softly feathered wings and a steady luminous glow seemed to surround the figure. The only thing that gave her away was the long locks of shiny white blonde hair that fell neatly in waves to her waist.

"Anna?" Jezebel tentatively stepped forward and stretched out her hand to touch the girls back, however a small head shake from the beautiful man who had led them to the room stopped her. At the sound of her friends voice, Anna turned slowly around to face them. 

A small gasp escaped their mouths as they looked at their friend and began to notice of all the differences in her appearance. Her face was now entirely free of imperfection, the once minor color differences in her complexion had evened out, her lips were a tiny bit plumper and rosy pink and it struck the two that even her aura seemed to glow around her. There was not a doubt in their minds that something had drastically changed within their friend, she looked stunning and the wings that hovered behind her were obviously not of this world. 

"Jez! Jace!" Anna rushed forward and embraced her two friends whom she had not seen for a very long time. "I've missed you guys."  As they hugged, Kai's fists clenched in uneasiness at the first contact of persons other than himself.

"What happened to you?" Jezebel blurted out once she had stopped greeting Anna. Jace gave her a poke in the side for being nosy but Anna just smiled and looked towards Kai who stood off towards the side.

"We will tell you everything tonight at dinner, I believe the Order is having a meeting and it is easier to explain everything once when everyone is in one place." Kai told them.

"Okay, but how are you Anna? I know that you've been through a lot lately." Jezebel patted her friends arm gently and Anna's face fell fractionally before brightening up again.

"I am fine, however for now I do not with to talk about it." Jezebel nodded before pulling Anna into another hug.

"I'm just so glad that you're here and alive!"

"So am I Jez, so am I." Anna whispered back.

***

The Order and inhabitants of 12 Grimmauld place all packed in the cozy kitchen at precisely eleven o'clock for the scheduled meeting that Kai had called that morning. Most of the people were very curious to see Anna again after what had gone down after the rescue mission, most of all Sirius who ached to lay his eyes on his newly found daughter again. Around the rough wooden table sat Remus Lupin, Tonks, Sirius, Mundungus Fletcher, Molly, Arthur, Dedalus Diggle, Severus Snape, Mad-eye Moody, Minerva McGonagall, Kingsley Shacklebolt as well as the entirety of the Cullen clan. The door to the kitchen opened a few minutes before eleven and in came a tired looking Albus Dumbledore who sat down next to his deputy.

"Albus, I did not expect to see you here." Minerva said surprised.

"Indeed but I felt that it would be prudent for me to come this time." 

Almost as soon as he had finished saying this, the door to the kitchen rattled and then scraped open and in came Jezebel and Jace with the other two closely behind them. Once the two teenagers had found a place to stand against the wall, Kai entered through the doorway. Instantly a change could be felt throughout the room as a subconscious battle of magic waged a war between the powerful sourced present. The witches and wizards could feel the ancient power emanating from the man seep into the air of the kitchen, permeating every molecule of air and making their hairs stand on end. This time he was no longer shrouded in the darkness of a hood or cloak, but stood there in fitted dark jeans and shirt. Most impressive and intimidating of all however, was his wings which were unfurled in all their white-golden glory. It was a rare sight, even for the most learned and ancient of figures such as Dumbledore who sat in a reverent  admiration of the sight before him.