Preface\ Teaser

Welcome to the second book! This will be started in about a month but here is a little taste on what is to come!

Ceremony outfit above ^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The misty English air blew freshly over my face and I was floating on satisfaction after my successful mission. There seemed to be a constant depressing blanket of dark grey clouds hanging over Malfoy Manor, probably from the presence of my father. Small stones crunched crisply under my leather ankle boots as I made my way up the tree-lined drive of the Malfoy's grounds, just breathing in the secluded country air. It had been two months since I had woken up, new and fresh.

I had risen quite quickly since then, my father trusted me implicitly with all the most important missions. He had made Malfoy Manor his domain and that was where I was to report. The wrought iron gate up ahead was firmly closed, preventing any unwanted visitors from entering the premises, I stopped and held my palm up, and waited for the spell to work. After a few seconds, a slight fading of the gate's colour indicated that I could step through. Going forwards, my body melted through the iron and I continued up the drive.

The family this afternoon was a piece  of cake. The blood traitors had been spreading unfavourable information about my father and his cause, it was my job to silence them. I made sure that they wouldn't make another peep ever again. Pushing the massive double-doors open with a little effort, I strutted into the foyer and made my way to report to him. Two guards stood hooded and cloaked beside the door to his study. They nod when they see me approaching and stand down. They wouldn't dare deny me anything, not only had I climbed the ranks, but I had created myself a bit of a reputation. I have heard the words ruthless, cold-hearted and sadistic being thrown around when I wasn't looking, also the ridiculous Daily Prophet labelling me a psychotic mass-murderer. Well, I guess they weren't too far off the point.

"Ah, my daughter." He sat in a leather high-backed chair, facing opposite me so I couldn't see his face.

"Father." I nodded and greeted respectfully.

"Did you complete what I sent you to do?" He asked. I gazed out the window which he was facing and looked out at the dreary garden, dusted with mist in the late afternoon.

"Of course." I respond curtly.

"How many?" I knew what he was asking instantly.

"Seven."

"None got away?"

"No, they are silenced." I mutter.

"Good. I think it's time for your formal induction then." He states in his usual frosty and menacing voice.

"Really?" I asked astonished.

"You have proved yourself more than worthy, I don't see why there is any further reasons to refrain. You will be at the main hall at ten o'clock tonight."

"Yes father." I nodded and hurried out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*9:45pm*

I put on my nice, black lace dress for the occasion, I had to leave soon so it was time to put my makeup on. Going to my vanity I carefully applied smoky-eye shadow and blood-red lipstick to bring out my eyes. Not that they needed it. They had always been this colour, I don't really know why. They were just a glaring crimson. I think that is partly the reason why people find me so intimidating. My watch told me I had two minutes to get to the gathering so I got up and hurried out of my room, down the dark corridors to the large dining hall.

I pushed the doors open and was greeted with the sight of every Death Eater present. They lined the walls and had their heads bowed to my father who stood at the front of the crowd facing me.

"Come, my daughter." He gestured to a space just in front of him. "Kneel."

My knees touched the cold tiles on the ground and my head bowed to look at my hands foldedin my lap.

"Annabelle, do you promise to follow any order I give you?"

"I will."

"Will you carry out my orders with honesty and precision to the best of your ability?"

"I will."

"Will you continue to support our mission to purify the wizarding race?"

"I will."

"And finally, do you swear to remain loyal to me and the rest of our brothers?"

"I will."

"Lucius, bring me my wand." My father asked and reached out to hold the white, bone-like wand that rested on a royal blue velvet cushion held by Lucius Malfoy. "Your arm, Annabelle."

I placed my forearm in my father's long spindly white fingers. His grip was firm and I watched with mounting anticipation as he slowly lowered the tip of his wand to my skin.

I let out a small gasp when the tip illuminated against my arm.

"There."

I held it up to my eyes and studied the intricate detail of the serpent.

"Welcome to the family, Annabelle, you are now a Death Eater."