7. Changed

As soon as I leave the room I woke up in with the ridiculously hot guy sleeping next to me, I stop. I could feel the darkness receding completely and I felt the violent urge to vomit. Where the fuck did I do? All those people I killed... I was a monster, a bloodthirsty monster who doesn't deserve to be alive. My mind flickered to last night and I remembered the words I had uttered to Kai whilst we laid there, sweaty and dazed in our own emotions.

The moon peeked from between the curtains above the bed, the sheet rose to the base of my neck as Kai cradled me in his strong arms. I gazed up at him and ran my fingers along his jaw line, marvelling at his perfection and the love in his eyes when he stared right back at me. I could hardly believe a man so perfect would want a girl like me after all that I had done. Killing people mercilessly.

"Promise me something." He murmured. I shifted slightly to be at eye level with him, and rested my hand on his chest.

"Anything."

"Don't give up on yourself... even if you feel like you should...please, for me." I creased my eyebrows in confusion. Where did this come from?

"Why are you asking me this?"

"Just promise me that. Please Annabelle." Just the way he caressed my name as he said this was enough for me to be nodding yes.

"Ok, I will."

Now I knew what he meant, somehow, after last night, he knew that I would return to myself and the spell would be broken. Yet now as I thought about it, the promise seemed nearly impossible to honour, all I wanted to do was end myself after the misery and pain I caused. For now, the best I could manage was get out of here then decide what to do next. I continue down the hall until I get to a large dining room that appears to be empty. The house is dead quiet and the dark coloured tiles on the floor cast shadows against the walls, the whole vibe I got was creepy.

"Mistress Annabelle?" I heard a soft voice call from behind me, slowly I turn to see a house elf awkwardly standing in a doorway.

"Yes?"

"Is mistress wanting some breakfast?" The elf fiddles nervously with his long fingers and shuffled his bare feet on the cold tiles.

"No, but escort me to my room." I demanded, but winced at my harsh tone. If my plan was going to work, I had to keep the rough image of myself up. The elf, however, didn't bat an eyelash and bowed, motioning me to follow. When I got to my room, I quickly packed all my possessions. I relentlessly pushed the memories that crowded through the front of my mind, flashes of the horrific acts I had committed, every kill rushed forward. A deep ache settled in my chest, guilt of an unbelievable proportion piled onto my conscience. In my very short life I had never considered ending it myself, yet as I stood there with emotional wounds torn open and festering, suicide became a very appealing option. Of course, it was a foolish and cowardly way to run away from your problems, but the justice it would bring to the many grieving families was huge. It was awful, this suffocating and all-encompassing emotion felt like it was a weight tied to my ankles, dragging me down to the bottom of the cold ocean. I sat down and dragged my hands through my golden locks which were dishevelled from last nights...uh... activities. 

I looked down at my chest when my hands came into contact with something cold and small. The black crystal that once hung around my neck was replaced with a silver entwined white crystal necklace. 

From the skin above where my heart, golden tattoo-like designs webbed themselves in vine-like patterns past the borders of my shirt

From the skin above where my heart, golden tattoo-like designs webbed themselves in vine-like patterns past the borders of my shirt. They were wondrous to look at and I could barely tear my eyes away from them, small budding flowers were added onto offshoots every now and then creating a freshly blooming effect. They were gorgeous, otherworldly even, but where had they come from? Licking the end of my thumb, I attempted to scrub a small filigree flower off, but it didn't even blur. I walked up to the full length mirror in my room and slowly pulled my dress off. There I stood, in only my underwear twisting slowly from side to side studying the pure golden swirls that extended down my torso in a perfectly symmetrical pattern all the way down to my bellybutton where the ink seemed to fade gradually till it crossed to underneath the waistband of my underwear. I pushed the fabric aside until I reached the point where the ink was no longer visible. For a long time I just stood there staring and taking it all in before I start freaking out a little. What was this? Was it a beautiful curse sent to ruin me? I shoved my dress back on. Whatever it was, it would have to wait until I got the hell out of here. But what about Kai? I couldn't leave him here all lone! Rushing back to my suitcase I studied the contents. I didn't even hear him enter the room until his chilling voice spoke behind me.

"Going somewhere?"

***

Remus' P.O.V

Everyone milled about the kitchen table to get a look at the letter that has been delivered to us by an unknown rusty coloured owl this morning. The note was addressed to the whole order, and by request of Mad-Eye, we had waited until everyone had arrived before opening it. While some sat and some stood, we waited for Albus to arrive. Molly and Arthur were hunched together and sharing quiet words while Sirius just sat back and stared at nothing, he had changed dramatically over the past few years and it saddened me. The once lively best friend of James was alone and sullen-faced. Unhappy. If James were here he would tease him for moping around as if a girl had turned down a date with him to Hogsmede. As close as we were, James and Sirius were bonded by such a strong love for each other that when Harry lost his parents that night, his godfather lost a partner in life.

"Is everybody here?" The rich voice of Albus came from the doorway of the cramped kitchen.

"Yes, Albus dear, please have a seat down here." Molly fussed, waving her hands in the direction of the empty chair at the head of the table.

"Thank you Molly."

The old man's hands delicately picked up the envelope and slid his thumb under the flap. Pulling out the letter he began to read. From where I was standing, the message looked short and hurried.

"Anna has returned, he has her, find her, and help her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did those designs come from do you think?

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!