12. Dear Daughter

The sight that greeted us when we walked into the old house made horror flood through my veins. The sweet smell of Anna's blood was the first thing that hit my senses and, then I saw it. Small puddles of crimson liquid dotted the path towards the doorway ahead, and the aluminium frame was smeared with it. I wasted no time in getting to the source of the smell. The house looked rotten and musty, both obvious signs that the previous inhabitant had long been gone. From what I knew about this place, Anna's mother had lived and died here in the recent past. It made sense that this is where she had ended up. Sirius and Arthur stood just behind me also quickly scanning the area. It didn't take me long however, to find the door which would lead me to her. Not wasting any more time, I quickly crossed through the entry and pushed open the door. My worst fears were realised when I saw her slumped in one of the wooden dining chairs, a trail of crimson leaking from the corners of her lips.

Arthur's P.O.V

My heart sank at the sad scene before me. Anna's body was limp and lifeless, unlike her usual happy and bright self. But perhaps even more heartbreaking was the look on Kai's face. His usual mysterious and emotionless facade had fallen into a paper white mask of horror. None of us had quite figured not out who he was or his connection to Annabelle, but judging by his expression, he cared deeply for the girl. Sirius was beside me in a quiet horror, drinking in the details.

"Arthur, you need to call Carlisle now." Kai's voice brought me back to focus and it was then that I noticed a dagger embedded deep into her torso. A mortal wound for sure.
"On a fellytone?" I babbled with my limited knowledge of muggle devices.
"Here, give it to me." Sirius stepped forward and took the small metal contraption that Kai had been holding out to me. "I'll call."
"The number is in my contacts, scroll down until you find it." Sirius nodded and hurried out of the room. Walking over, I analyse the intricate guilt of the dagger and take note of a serpents design in silver.
"Can you get it out?" It looked so awful and out of place, like it was the last thing that should ever be inside such a pure body. She was too good for evil like this.
"I can't," he ground out in frustration "if it hits a vital organ on the way out it could kill her. I'll leave it to Carlisle." I nodded and looked back up to see Sirius come back into the room.
"They're on their way as quick as they can." I nodded again.
"What's this?"

Kai's P.O.V

I heard Sirius return, as I went to face him, something caught my attention. An object was crumpled between Anna's limp fingers. What looked like a piece of paper.
"What's this?" I reached over and felt the familiar jolt of electricity shoot up my fingertips when my skin touched hers. The bond would still be alive for as long as her heart beats. Carefully extracting what I could now see was a piece of parchment, I uncurled it and began reading the neat cursive writing,

My darling daughter,

First of all, before I say anything else, I want to tell you that I love you. I know that our bond wasn't as strong as we would have liked, but you were my whole world and I would give my dying breath to see you achieve your dreams. I write this letter to you because I know the end is near, he knows what I've done, and he'll make me pay for it. Though I told you who your father was and you accepted my reasons for being with such a man, I had never told you the whole truth. I knew that it wouldn't stay hidden forever and I also knew that when it got out, my days would be very limited. It may break your heart to learn this, and I am so very sorry. While Tom and I were engaged, we were having an argument, it started to get out of hand and in a moment of anger, he hit me, I was so depressed that night that I sought out the comfort of an old male friend. It was wrong of me to do, Anna, but I can't bring myself to regret what I did, because it gave me you. I am very surprised that the deception remained hidden for so long, but one source of mine has confirmed he is coming for me. I love you my darling, know that you were the product of a love so deep that I hope it carries you through life so you don't have to go through what I did. You may have wondered why I had very little friends or acquaintances, now you know. I had to keep distance. I love you, please forgive me darling Annabelle.

Mom xxx

A strangled sound came from behind me and I turned, surprised to see Sirius, usually a grave and severe man, with tears pouring down his cheeks. Arthur and I shared a glance of surprise, and nearly missed what he whispered to himself a second later.
"My daughter..." Arthur and I froze in shock. Sirius raised a shaking hand to Anna's frighteningly pale cheek and stroked it, a new light shining in his eyes.
"Your what?" I breathed, still trying to process what I heard.
"Daughter, she's my daughter," Sirius still looked like he didn't quite know what he was talking about himself.
"What, how?" Arthur asked.
"Seventeen years ago, she knocked on my door in the middle of the night, she was hysterical and crying. I brought her into the house immediately, and sat her down." Sirius' voice cracked slightly."Her cheek was already swelling and I did my best to comfort her, when one thing led to another..." He stopped and Stared at my Anna, a faraway look in his eyes. "We had been in love for years, she was my one and only. When her family arranged for he to be married to him," Sirius sneered the word with hatred, "she insisted that we end the relationship. I was devastated, but she wouldn't go against the wishes of her parents. That was the last time I saw her before that night. I knew he was horrible to her, but she refused to even make contact with me or let me help her. When she turned up that night, it took us both by surprise."
"So you're saying, that you're her father? Not that bastard?" Arthurs' eyes widened when he realised what that would mean for her.
"If the letter is right... I'm a father!" Startling the us all out of the shock of the news, Anna began to cough and choke horrifically. Blood poured from between her pale lips and under her eyelids, her eyes rolled backwards.
"Sirius? Arthur?" A smooth voice called from the front door.

"CARLISLE! In here, quick!" Sirius shouted in panic while looking at his now dying daughter, my mate, dying right before us. I felt so useless at that moment.
Carlisle walked in and blanched in horror.
"Hurry we have to do something!" Sirius shouted at him. The good doctor's eyes worked quickly to asses the situation but no options presented themselves to do this a safer way. He sighed deeply.

"I'll have to operate here."

Honestly it's been too long. So sorry for the wait guys.

VOTE

COMMENT