Chapter 21- Breakfast

"Goodnight," Matt smiles and takes my hands in his.

"Goodnight," I smile back as he leans down a bit and kisses me gently.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he says as he kisses my forehead and releases my hands. "I love you."

"I love you too," I say with an uncontrollable smile as I open my door and close it gently since it's midnight.

"Where have you been young lady?!" My mother hops up from the couch as I try to sneak down the stairs unnoticed.

"I was with Matt," I stop on the first step since she's already seen me.

"Since after school?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah?" I say but it comes out more of a question.

"And what have you been doi-" she stops mid sentence as her eyes go wide. "Oh god, please tell me you're not pregnant!" She covers her face with her hands.

"Oh my god mom!" I cover my face with my hands as well, though I did it in embarrassment. "Okay, I'm a virgin!" I shout as I run down the stairs and roll my eyes.

"Good!" She shouts once I reach my room and close the door. I put my phone on the charger and haul out my homeowrk, starting on the first question. I lay on my stomach on my bed and kick my legs slowly and gently in the air. I put the pencil in between my teeth and twirl it, a habit of mine, as my phone vinrates.

"I can't sleep"  Matt texts me.

"Close your eyes" I reply as I throw my homework back in my bag. I'll do it later.

"I can only see you"  He answers, causing me to grin uncontrollably and squeeze the life out of my teddy bear. Yeah, I have a teddy bear, sue me!

"Then just come over" I roll my eyes. That's what he wanted me to say because as soon as the message sent there was a knock on my window.

"Were you waiting there for me to say that?" I laugh as I push the window open.

"Well I actually tried to sleep but then I missed you so I texted you when I was leaving my house," he smiles as he hops down. "I'm really glad your room is in the basement."

"Me too," I smile as he lifts me off the ground, I put my elbows on his shoulders and wrap my legs around his torso as I run my fingers through his hair. He kisses my chins and places me back on the ground. Before taking my hand and leading me towards the bed. "Wait," I stop him. "I have homework."

"What subject?" He asks as he takes a seat on the edge of my bed.

"It doesn't matter," I shrug deciding not to do it. I push him over and crawl in, pulling the covers up as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer so we can cuddle.

"Remember when I tutored you?" He says into the night.

"Yes," I giggle, remembering my star collection.

"I liked you then," I can't see him but I know he's smiling.

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow and feel him nod since my head is on his chest. "I liked you too," I smile.

"Damn," he runs his fingers through my hair, soothing me as I drift off to sleep.

I wake up on my bed, not on Matthew, as Matt enters my room with a plate in his hands.

"Matt?" I smile as I prop myself up on my elbows.

"I made you breakfast," he hands me the plate.

"What time is it?" I ask and he checks his watch.

"Six," he says and I sit up as he hands me the plate. I kiss him my thanks.

"Thank you Matt, this is so cute," I smile at the eggs and bacon on my plate shaped like a smiley face. "How early did you get up?"

"Not too long ago, long enough for me to run home and get dressed quickly then come back and make you breakfast," he says.

"You're too good for me," I smile as I take a bite of the bacon. His expression changes.

"Don't say that, Claire," he says seriously.

"Hey," I whisper as I lay the plate aside and jump up, taking his face in between my hands.

"You know that's not true. I pushed you away, twice, I had a chance and I blew it but you gave me another one. You didn't give up on me even when I tried to make you. How can you even say that Claire?!" His eyes become glassy and I wrap my arms around his torso, placing my head on his chest, squeezing him tightly. "I don't deserve you."

"Matt, stop!" I beg. "We deserve each other, okay? I love you with every fiber in my being and I'll never let you go," I say as his warm arms wrap around me, squeezing me tightly and I can tell he's trying not to cry. "It's okay Matt," I assure him. "I love you. I love you more than words can say."

"Claire," he whispers as he squeezes me tighter, but not too tight. Just enough to make me feel safe, assuring me that he'll protect me, he'll never let anything happen to me, reminding me that there's no where I'd rather be, making me realize that I need him. "I love you too."

(I'm sorry it's so short, I'll start updating more regularyly since it's summer and I have nothing better to do. AND HAVE YOU HEARD LIFE OF THE PARTY ASDFGHJKL)