Chapter 12- Pizza

~Clarissa's POV~

It's been a week since Matthew and I kissed and we haven't really hung out. I mean we say hi when we see each other in the hallways but that's about it.

It's just... weird.

I looked up and saw a breathtaking sight, Matthew was defending me. Matthew was saving me. Matthew was here for me.

Josh hasn't picked on me much since. Trisha and Luke are surprisingly still dating ever since eighth grade. Lizzy and I have been hanging out a bit but I'm pretty sure Michaela is my best friend now.

"Michaela?" She answers the phone.

"Yeah?"

"Let's call up Nash, Cam, and Matt and do something," I suggest.

"Why?" She laughs.

"Well, for the sake of old times!" I join in laughter.

"Um, you call them and tell me what they said kay? I'll text you the numbers!" She hangs up the phone as I pop another cheezie into my mouth.

Once I receive their numbers I punch in Nash's and he answers on the second ring.

"Hello?" He crunches some type of chips.

"Hey! It's Clarissa!" I smile.

"Oh, hey! How have you been? Are you liking being back in Virginia?" He stops crunching.

"Yeah, brings back a lot of memories. Speaking of memories you, me, Cameron, Matthew, and Michaela should go like grab a pizza or something," I suggest.

"Yeah! Sure! I'll call Matt, Cameron is sitting right beside me so.." he laughs.

"Kay, bye!" I say as I hang up the phone. I punch in Michaela's number.

"They said sure!"

* * *

"Get in or else I will drive off without you!" Michaela says with a laugh as the slow pokes run out of Nash's house.

"Okay, okay," Nash laughs as they pile into the car.

"All aboard! Choo choo!" Cameron laughs as we pull out of the driveway.

"You're a weirdo!" I giggle.

"That's why you love me!" He smiles and for some odd reason Matt tenses.

"True, true," I nod in laughter.

"You mean, choo choo?" Cameron giggles.

"Oh shut up!" I roll my eyes.

"Oh my god I love this song!" Michaela blasts what's ever on the radio and we all jam out, and that's how the car ride was spent.

* * *

"Baby come through!" Nash and Cameron scream as Michaela turns off the car.

"That was my jam!" Nash complains.

"Suck it up buttercup!" Matt swats the back of his head before climbing out of the car.

We order our pizzas at the counter and grab them, taking our seats.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Nash suggests as we bite into our pizzas.

"Okay, you first," Cameron agrees.

"Okay, Matthew truth or dare," Nash bites back a smile.

"Dare," Matt glares at him.

"I dare you to kiss Claire," he smiles mischievously at him.

"I don't think-" Matt begins.

"Okay," I smile. Matt locks eyes with me and I realize he probably doesn't even want to kiss me. "Um, unless you don't-"

Matt begins to lean over the table. I lean in too and eventually our lips come in contact and it's as if every moment of every day I've been craving this.

We pull away and every second was worth the wait.

"Woo!" Nash and Cameron shout, I blush.

"You're blushing!" Michaela calls me out. I swat her arm and Nash and Cameron start in a choir of "aww!"

"Ugh!" I roll my eyes at them, Matt giggles. "Matthew!" I swat at him.

"You're cute when you blush!" He smile, not realizing what he said until he said it. I blush even more.

"Only when I blush?" I smile.

"Yes," he smiles, I hit him playfully.

"Matthew, you're so mean!" I laugh.

"Cameron, we have to uh," Nash makes hand signals.

"Right we need to go, uh, do that thing!" Cameron nods.

"Right, the thing!"

"What thing?" Michaela asks.

"The thing we need your help with," Cameron grabs Michaela's elbow.

"Can I help?" I ask.

"Um, no, that's okay!" They say as they rush out of the building.

I'm pretty sure they just wanted to leave us alone.

"Okie! So, it's just us," I laugh.

"Apparently," Matt laughs with me.

"Clarissa, about Josh," Matt speaks up.

"Can we please not talk about Josh, I want to just have some fun. Just us," I beg.

"Okay, sorry," he looks down at his pizza.

"So what do you want to do?" I ask, feeling a little guilty.

"Well, it's sunset, we could take a walk," Matt suggests, I smile.

"Sure!" I hop up and we  start our walk.

"Let's play questions!" Matt suggests.

"Sure, you first."

"Okay, favourite colour?"

"Purple," I smile.

"Favourite food?"

"All of them!" I laugh.

Matt giggles. "Favourite movie?"

"The vow," I say.

"Favourite book?"

"The fault in our stars," I smile.

"Favourite place to be in the world?"

"Right here next to you," I say it like a joke, but I meant it. I glance at Matthew who's staring at me. He stops walking so I stop. He puts his hand under my chin and slowly leans forward and my heart picks up it's pace. Our lips touch and once again I feel fulfilled.

"Me too Clarissa," he whispers as he pulls back.