Chapter 20- Picnic

I woke up cuddled into the chest of Matthew Espinosa.

"Hey beautiful," he smiles while curling the ends of my hair around his finger.

"Morning," I smile and pull myself out of bed.

"Be back in a minute," Matt says before leaving my bedroom to go get ready for school. But he'll be back. Matt's back!

I smile at myself and continue getting ready for school until Matthew knocks on my open door looking cute as hell in his unzipped sweater with the sleeves rolled up and a red beanie on.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hi," he returns the gesture and escorts me to the car. Even though we aren't dating it honestly feels like we are. I mean, why aren't we dating?! We kiss and hold hands and... sleep together... (Not like that my fellow dirty minded friends ;)

I just don't know how to say 'Matt, it feels like we're dating, why aren't we?' I mean that's just.. weird.

"What are you thinking about?" He breaks the comfortable silence filling the car.

"Nothing," I shrug with a smile.

"Well, I'm thinking about superheros," he smiles a small smile and looks at me for a quick moment. "Marvel or DC?"

"Which one do you like better?" I ask.

"DC," he smiles without looknig at me.

"Okay, I pick Marvel," I wrinkle my nose and giggle. He just rolls his eyes at me.

* * *

School went by quickly, it consisted of me scurrying through the halls, trying not to run into Josh. I put my books back into my locker and grabbed my jacket, whirling around coming face to face with Matthew.

"Hi," he smiles.

"Hi," I laugh and we chat about our days on our way to Matt's car. The drive was beautifully silent as we listened to music on the radio, that is, until Matt passed our houses.

"Um, Matthew, you passed the houses!" I laugh while taking my head off the window. He glaces at me and smiles before putting his eyes back on the road and nodding.

"That's because we aren't going home," he smiles mischievously.

"Matthew..." I warn. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he smiles and I continue to pester him for the rest of the drive, his stern voice not faltering. Finally he stops and smiles at me. "We're here." Matt hops out and opens my door like a gentleman, I giggle and roll my eyes as he takes my hand and escorts me out of the car.

We're standing in a meadow with a cute little picnic set up.

"Matthew!" I gasp at the meadow's beauty.

"I skipped last period," he smiles cheekily as we sit on the blanket spread out on the ground.

"Matt, this is amazing," I smile and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "Thank you."

"PB and J?" He hands me a sandwhich, which I take gladly.

"My mom will worry," I say once I swallow.

"I already talked to her," Matt says proudly.

"So, what's this all about anyways?" I tilt my head at him.

"This is my way of apologizing to you, Clarissa, I'm so, so, so sorry. I'm sorry for being an idiot and a jerk. But I will never leave you again, I promise. I'm also sorry for not asking you this sooner," he takes my hand in his and looks me dead in the eye.

"Clarissa Pollard, would you do me the absolute honour of being my beautiful girlfriend?" Matt asks me, his smile creeping onto his lips.

I feel like I could fly!

"Yes. Yes, Matthew, I would love to be your girlfriend," I smile gleefully before wrapping my arms around his neck, pressing my lips to his passionately.

"I love you," he whispers as he presses his forehead against mine once we break the kiss.

"I love you too," I smile and bite my bottom lip.

I really, really do.

----------------------------

I'm sorry my chapters have been being so short :( BUT I THOUGHT THIS WAS CUTE! AND THEY'RE FINALLY DATING ASDFGHJKL! Omg they need a ship name.