Chapter 7- Transferred

(A/N: Okay, so I'm really angry because I had this chapter half done and something happened and it all got lost! >:(

"Well honey.... we're moving to Halifax. My boss transferred me to an office there."

Wait, what?! I hang up the phone and choke on my own breath. No! I glance at my new friends who are laughing and chatting, then at the door. Without giving it another thought I dart out the door and exit the bowling arena.

I'm sorry.

I start running, I'm not to sure where I'm running to be honest. But, it feels as if I don't stop running maybe I'll wake up. I'll have a 'Good morning, beautiful' text from Lucas. Matt won't be my friend, I'll be a popular, and Trisha wont have even the slightest interest in Lucas.

But is that what I really want?

I place my hands on my knees as I catch my breath.

Michaela: Where are you?

Clarissa: I got sick and I left, sorry!

Michaela: And you couldn't have said goodbye?!

If only you had any idea Michaela.

I dial in my mom's number.

"Hello?"

"Mom, I need a ride."

"Okay honey, where are you?"

I look up, "Everfresh Daily Delights."

I hear keys rattle and end the call as I sit on the curb, waiting. Shortly after a familiar black SUV pulls up in front of me, I hop in the back seat without a word.

The drive is filled with an awkward silence until my mom looks back at me through the rear view mirror.

"Carissa honey, I know you're upset about the move but-"

"Upset?!" I laugh, "upset is an understatement!" I plug my headphones into my ears, dismissing the conversation.

Once we arrive home I slam the car door behind me and speed into the house.

"Clarissa!" My mother calls after me.

I ignore her and race into the house, slamming the front door behind me. I race into the hallway where my younger brother is taking pictures down off the walls. Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to mention I have a brother. I push him out of the way, taking the photo out of his hands and hanging it back up.

"Hey!" He protests as I run into my bedroom. I slam the door and slide down it, allowing the tears to escape my eyes. How am I supposed to tell Matt, Nash, and Cameron? Then I get an idea, I wont! I'll just tell my girl friends, the pain of seeing Matt's face when I tell him I'm moving it just too much. I mean, I kind of like-. No, I don't. I pull out my phone.

Clarissa: Mickey, I have bad news. I left today because the call was my mom, we're moving.

Michaela: WHAT?! NO! YOU CAN'T LEAVE!

Clarissa: Please, don't tell the guys

Michaela: They deserve to know Claire!

I sigh as tears cloud my vision. I push myself up off the floor and fall onto my bed hugging my teddy bear.

This day couldn't get any worse!

I don't remember falling asleep but I woke up with wet cheeks.

Today's the day I tell Lizzy...

I putt on sweat pants and a baggy neon pink tank top, letting my hair fall naturally.