Chapter 9- Goodbye

"Carter you can't avoid me forever!" I whine.

"Yes I can, you're moving remember?" He sassily replies.

"Carter, would you please just open the door!" I beg as I hit my head off it one more time. Surprisingly the door flies open and I tumble inside. "A warning next time?" I laugh.

"Okay, you go out and we'll try again."

"Carter," I stand. "I want to talk."

"Okay, talk," he places his hand on his hip.

"Fine," I sigh, removing his hand from the door as I close it behind me. "So, I'm moving back to Virginia," I state the obvious.

"Yup," he says popping the 'p'.

"How do you feel about that?" I ask as I fiddle my thumbs. He glares at me.

"I think we both know very well how I feel about my best friend leaving me. But unless you're unsure I could refresh your memory," he runs his hand down the side of my face.

"Carter knock it off," I laugh.

He stares at his intertwined hands.

"I love you Clarissa." Carter and I say I love you to each other all the time, but it's just friendly.

"I love you Carter," I wrap my arms around his neck in an embrace and he buries his head in the crook of my neck.

"I'll miss you," he whispers.

"I'll miss you too. We'll still talk to each other, we can Face Time and call each other. I can come visit or you can come visit me. I just don't want to lose you," I whisper.

"I won't lose you."

* * * * *

"Carter, this isn't goodbye, it's simply see you later." I say into his shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you so much Claire, what am I supposed to do without my best friend?" He whispers as I feel tiny warm tears fall onto my shoulder.

"What am I supposed to do without my best friend?" I reply.

"You're beautiful, funny, kind, and talented, you'll find other best friends. But me? I'm just a normal kid."

"Carter you know that isn't true. I'm going to tell you how you are going to get over this, you're going to go find some dancing company, you're going to give them your all then I'm going to be watching you dance on my flat screen T.V."

"I'm not even a good dancer," he laughs.

"Yes, Carter, you are," I laugh at him.

"Claire! We have to go the plane is boarding!" My mother calls for the fifth time.

"Okay," I sigh and pull back.

"Goodbye Clarissa," Carter's mom hugs me.

"Goodbye Mrs. Reynolds. Take care," I smile.

"Text me, call me, face time me, kik me, tweet me-" I begin.

"Are you done?" Carter laughs.

"No, but I have to go so goodbye," I kiss his cheek. "I love you Carter."

"I love you Clarissa! Now go before your mother drags you by the ear!" He laughs between tears.

"Bye!" I wave as I enter the tunnel thing.

* * *

I've just finished unpacking my things in this big beautiful house.

I walk outside to grab the newspaper and look up to see a familiar boy with sparkling brown eyes standing in the neighbours yard.