Chapter 5- Friends? Friends.

~One Month Later~

I woke up and trudged along with my morning routine, dressing myself, brushing my hair, grabbing breakfast and brushing my teeth.

"Hey, why the long face?" Ireland asks.

"Tired," I smile.

She nods. The bus ride is quieter than usual, I wonder what's on her mind. I wonder how Brent's mom is doing. I wonder how Matthew's doing...

Lizzy is basically a zombie all day due to lack of sleep.

"Hey, is that my hand sanitizer?" I ask as she squeezes the substance on her hand.

She shrugs, "probably."

"Lizzy!" I smile and snatch the hand sanitizer with a giggle.

"I'm going to grab my money!" I realize I forgot my money in my locker. She nods and sits at the popular table along with Sophie, Sabrina, Michaela, Rebecca, and Julia.

I bounce up the stairs and haul open the door and my jaw drops at the sight playing in front of me.

Trisha has a handful of Lucas' hair as he pins her to my locker, kissing her passionately.

"Lucas!" I squeal.

He jumps and pulls away from her instantly, she smiles and places a hand on his chest.

"I-I," Lucas stutters.

If this were a story he would come up with some perfectly logical explanation, except, there isn't one.

Trisha hands me the money, I had let her hold onto. I snatch it out of her hand and storm down the stair case.

"Clarissa!" Lizzy smiles as I enter the cafeteria, tears strolling freely down my cheeks.

"Oh, whoa, what's wrong?" She asks as I snatch my coat from the chair and storm out of the cafeteria.

~Matt's POV~

"Dude," Nash points to the beautiful brunette, tears running down her face as she raced out of the cafeteria. I stand and begin to chase after her.

"Clarissa!" I call as I get within ear shot of her. She doesn't answer. "Claire!" She swirls around.

"You lost the privilege to call me Claire the minute you decided we couldn't be friends because we came from two different cliques!" She snaps.

"Why are you crying?" I ask.

She laughs a sarcastic laugh and shrugs. "I don't know, my boyfriend was swallowing the tongue of the school's slut."

"Clarissa," I whisper.

"Don't act like you care!" She snaps. We've been keeping up with the tutoring but she doesn't talk much during it, she just sits and listens. We focus on math and strictly math. "We aren't even friends!"

"Clarissa, look, we could be friends."

"Oh really? Now you want to be friends? What happened to two different cliques huh?" She spits venom through her words.

"I know, I know. Well, we don't have to be best friends, just friends?" I smile. She rolls her eyes.

"Fine."

I wrap her in an embrace, holding her for as long as I could before she pulled away.

"Friends?" She holds her hand out.

"Friends." I smile.

~Clarissa's POV~

"Friends." He smiles, it hurt because at this point I wanted to be so much more than just friends.

I had left school right after Matt went back into the cafeteria.

Clarissa: Mickey! We have a problem! I texted Michaela.

Michaela: I heard! I am so sorry Claire! Wait, what? Oh, she means about Lucas.

Clarissa: I don't want to talk about it okay?  

Michaela:  Fine.

Clarissa: Anyways, we have an even bigger problem!

Michaela: What?! What is it?!

Clarissa: I seem to have fallen for a boy with sparkling chocolate brown eyes

Yeah, I have.