Chapter 14- Something Fun

"You're sure you're okay?" Matt asks once again. I nod and sigh. "Okay, I guess I'll be going then."

"Matthew," I grab his wrist as he's about to leave my bedroom.

"Yes?" He whispers while staring straight into my eyes.

"I'm scared. C-c-can you stay with me?" I ask then look down at the ground.

"Yes," he whispers while wrapping me in his arms. I lay on the bed and scoot over and Matt lays beside me. We lay there, facing each other, staring deep into each others eyes. Then Matt leans towards me and softly places his lips against mine. I smile once he pulls back and I rest my head on his chest. He wraps his arm around me and that's how we fall asleep.

"Claire," Matt softly shakes me awake.

"Hmm?" I rub my eyes and realize I'm lying on Matt's chest.

"I have to run home real quick and get ready," he laughs.

"Oh, right, sorry," I blush and sit up. I stretch my arms and make a really odd noise. Matt laughs and I throw a pillow at him. "Go home," I stick my tongue out at him. He pretends to look hurt and sticks his tongue out at me before leaving for his house.

I'm so dreading today.

I lazily pull myself out of bed and sit in front of my mirror, brushing my bed head. I won't have enough time for a shower so I'll get one tonight. I grab a white crop top that says 'Sassy' in galaxy. I haul on a black skater skirt and grab black vans and a black beanie that says 'LAME'. I straighten my hair real quick as somebody knocks on my bedroom door, entering before I can say anything.

"Hey," Matt smiles.

"I could've been naked!" I throw another pillow at him.

"That, Clarissa, was a chance I was willing to take," he puts his hand over his heart. I roll my eyes at him with a laugh.

"Perv!" I laugh.

"I am hurt!" He gasps. "Fine, take the bus to school," he sticks his tongue out.

"No! Wait!" I laugh and jump up."Race you down stairs!" I push past him and run down the stairs and out the door.

"Cheater!" Matt calls from behind me.

* * *

As soon as we pull into the parking lot I want to go home.

"Hey," Matt whispers, directing my attention to him. "I'll protect you." I smile and Matt squeezes my hand. Ugh, this boy drives me crazy!

"Promise?"

"Promise."

We get out of the car and he takes my hand, leading me through the halls. My own personal guardian angel. I'm not too sure what happened to Josh after. I don't think he was sent to jail or anything he probably just got suspended because our school is stupid. They wouldn't involve the police even if we got a bomb threat!

"Relax," Matt whispers in my ear and I realize I'm squeezing his hand. I smile at him and loosen my grip. "He's not even here," Matt smiles at me.

The bell rings and Matt and I go our separate ways.

"Michaela!" I smile and take my seat in front of her. "Okay, so I need to talk to you about Matt."

"Spill," she looks up at me.

"I-I.. never mind." She furrows her eyebrows at me but continues texting.

I-I really like him...

"Okay class!" The teacher snaps our attention to the front of the class but my eyes are locked on the chocolate brown ones staring at me from across the room. I smile and he smirks, tipping his head to the ground then back up with a tiny laugh.

I make a face and bite my bottom lip to prevent myself from smiling. Matt covers his mouth to contain his laugh. Matt pulls a face and I laugh out loud.

"Hmph! I don't think the particle theory of matter is very funny Mrs. Pollard!" The teacher snaps and I do my best to stop my laughing. But Matt bursts out laughing as well, attracting their attention.

Soon enough the whole class is in the knots laughing.

"Pollard! Espinosa! Office now!" The teacher snaps.

"You're an idiot," I roll my eyes with a smile as Matt and I stroll down the hallways.

"You're a bigger idiot," he says while shoving me playfully. I roll my eyes again and elbow him. "Hey, I don't want to go to the office," Matt whines.

"Too bad," I stick my tongue out at him.

"Let's ditch this place and do something fun," he smiles.

I laugh. "You seriously are an idiot!"

"I'm serious! Live a little Pollard! Let's do something!" He chirps and grabs my wrist, hauling me out the two front doors.

"Matthew! I'm going to be in so much trouble!" I hiss, yanking my wrist from his grasp.

"I'll be in trouble with you," he winks and drags me down the road. We end up at McDonalds, throwing French fries at each other.

"Clarissa, this was fun," Matt sighs as we stop in front of my house.

"Yeah, loser!" I stick my tongue out at him. "Now prepare to be grounded!"

"I'll see ya in hell!" He winks.

"Goodbye Matthew," I roll my eyes at him.

"Claire!" He calls and I turn back, greeted by his warm, soft lips.

"Goodnight," he whispers as he pulls back.

Well, now it is!