Chapter 10- Hello?

"Hello, I'm Carissa Pollard, I just moved in and you are?" I smile as I hold my hand out.

The boy that was watering the flowers dropped the hose with wide eyes.

"Clarissa Pollard?" He repeats, I nod with a curious expression. "Oh, I'm um..."

"Um? Well, that's a unique name," I laugh.

"My name's, uh, Matthew."

"Matthew?" I trail off.

"...Espinosa." He fills in the blank.

"Matthew Espinosa? As in the Matthew I went to eighth grade with? Oh my gosh, how have you been? Well isn't this a coincidence!" I laugh. "Do you still hang out with Michaela?"

"Um, actually we stopped hanging out the end of last year," he shrugs.

"And Nash and Cameron?"

"We still hang out a lot," he says.

"Oh," I giggle. "Well, I'm going to go finish unpacking, see you!" He waves in response.

Oh my god.

~Matt's POV~

Oh my god.

She looked as beautiful as ever with her long brown hair in a high pony tail. She was wearing pajamas but that's fine, she looks beautiful in everything.

I've missed her so much.

Maybe she'll start hanging out with us again?

I'm literally so excited for Monday.

~Clarissa's POV~

I roll out of bed and rummage through my drawers of newly folded clothes. I haul out a floral peplum shirt with a beige cardigan and navy skinny jeans. I curl my hair and apply light makeup. I slide on my beige knock off Toms and take a good look in the mirror.

I look hot if I do say so myself.

I smile and scarf down a bowl of cereal before brushing my teeth and hoping in the car with my mom.

First day of school!

* * *

"Class we have a new student joining us. Everyone this is Clarissa Pollard," Mr. Michaels says.

"Shut up!" A familiar voice says.

"Mrs. Ratliff?" The teacher raises an eyebrow.

Ratliff? As in Michaela Ratliff?

I walk over and take a seat next to her.

"Girl!" She whispers-yells at me. "You're back!" She smiles and we try to hug around the desk.

* * *

"So, she was like, 'well your shoes are tacky'. Then she-"

"Do you think Matt's the same as when I left?" I change the subject.

"What? Oh, well, I guess so. I haven't really hung out with them in a while." I look over my shoulder at Matt and Nash to find Matt already looking at me. He quickly looks back at Nash.

(Guys I'm going to POV hop sorry)

~Matt's POV~

"Dude stop staring at her!" Nash laughs.

"I can't, she's just so beautiful."

"Well, go talk to her! You're such a wuss!"

"Nash, what if she-" she looks behind her shoulder at me and Michaela looks at me. They're talking about me. I look back at Nash. "They're talking about me!"

"You don't know that!" He laughs.

"They're looking at me!" I whisper. We both glance over at them and they turn to face each other again, giggling.

"Okay, maybe they are talking about you."

"Ugh!" I hit my head off the wall lightly.

~Clarissa's POV~

"Maybe I should go say hi?" I ask as we stare at Matt and Nash.

"Then go!" Michaela laughs.

"But what if it gets really awkward like it used to?" I recall the memory as Matt and Nash turn towards us. I whip my head back to face her and we burst into laughter for no apparent reason.

Then the bell rings.

"Okay, well I have to go this way," Michaela says as she backs up. I turn around while looking over my shoulder, waving, not paying attention to where I was going when WHACK.

~Matthew's POV~

"Are you still coming over after school?" Nash asks as I walk past him, I turn around to respond when BOOM. I fall to the floor along with some other person. I look up to see Clarissa.

"I'm so sorry, I'm really clumsy!" She says as she gathers my books and stands. "Matthew," she smiles once she realizes who it is.

"Hi," I smile as she hands me my books and I give her hers.

"Um, I honestly am so sor-"

"Don't worry about it, it happens to everyone," I smile.

"Thanks," she waves as she passes by. "See you Matthew!"

"Bye," I whisper when she can't hear. What does she do to me?