"Could you pass the cookies, Cameron?" I ask and he humbly hands me two cookies. For us, we're two lazy to have separate crackers and chocolate so we buy cookies with a layer of chocolate already attached to them. This way, it spares us the extra work and mess. I pull the stick away from the fire and settle the stick in between my legs. I then surround the marshmallow with the cookies on either side in order to remove it from the stick and bam, I got myself a delicious looking s'mores.

I pay no attention to the conversations circling around the fire as I hungrily eye the food in my hand. Without a second though, I take my first bite, closing my eyes in order to relish in the sticky, sweet sensation. The warm taste transports me to a memory of the time Reece and I had our first ever s'mores. 

It was in the middle of summer. We were both dreading going back to school to start our sixth and final year of elementary because that meant we'd be going to Junior High soon. In an attempt to diminish our fears, we decided to make s'mores. We've never done anything cooking related before and both agreed that making s'mores would be the easiest to do.

I still don't understand why we believed that because easy was far from what it actually was. The only simple thing about our impossible task was finding the ingredients. We just had to explore through the full pantry until we finally found what we were looking for. 

A bag of marshmallows and a Kit Kat bar. Yah, we didn't realize we needed crackers. That summer, we spent it here at the grand cottage so we marched over to the fire pit and contemplated what our fathers did to produce fire. 

Dancing around the pit, singing repeatedly 'fire, fire' didn't seem to work. 

Commanding didn't either. 

Reece even tried sticking his butt out and farting at the pit to spontaneously produce fire but that didn't work. It only made me fall on the ground from laughing hysterically. 

Finally, with grave disappointment, Reece and I headed back up the hill to the our home with a new plan. We marched to the kitchen and places our marshmallows in between the Kit Kat chocolates into the microwave. 

Reece accidentally pressed the ten minute button instead of the one minute. In the end, our fathers had to put out the fire while our mothers lectured us. After that, my mom made it her sole mission to teach me the ways of the kitchen. Reece's mom didn't bother for reasons unknown. That was the last summer Reece's mom was at the cottage. It was also the summer that Reece mistakenly drank the experimental super solider liquid our father's were in the process of perfecting. 

We never did end up going back to that elementary school. 

"Zada, honey?" I am brought back to reality by my concerned father. I open my eyes to see all eyes on me.

I pull up my blanket in an attempt to hide away from the sudden attention. "Sorry, dad, I got lost in the delicious taste." I hold up my half eaten s'mores and my pops immediately understands because he also raises his half eaten s'more as if we're making some sort of toast. 

"As I was saying, what do the three of you plan to do after you graduate from high school?" Elena diverts the attention to the Super Trio. 

Cameron, Chasity, and Reece all seem to speculate, unsure if the adults want to hear the truth. The grown ups, especially the dads, expect the three heroes to give their full attention to saving lives but I know that the three of them have other dreams and goals they'd love to fulfill.

For instance, I know that Chasity wants to study fashion in hopes of following behind Elena's amazing line of work. Cameron wishes to go into acting, no surprise there and then there's Reece. I have known the guy for my entire time and I can honestly say through all the memories and adventures, I have no clue what he wants to do after high school. I presumed he'd like to go into something English related like maybe a writer but whenever I'd bring the topic up, he'd shut it down almost instantly.