Chapter 16

"Where were you all day?" Bam asked as I laid down on the couch. "Out" I said simply. "Yes, but with who?" he asked. "Knoxville" I shrugged. "M I love you, but that isn't a good idea. He's a player. Even more of one then I am. I don't want you getting hurt." he said sternly. "Bam I've been hurt more then you'll ever understand, anyways we just went out as friends" I said as I placed a hand on his shoulder. Of course I saw Johnny as way more then a friend, but I wasn't sure if he did. The being hurt part I meant. I lost my whole life, my son especially. Or what I thought was my son. All it ever was, was my mind playing tricks on me. I'd almost killed myself with drugs and I'd lost the man that meant the most to me. I was as hurt as I was going to get. "Don't you see Murr he doesn't see you as that. I can tell by the way he looks at you. Even if he does care about you that's never stopped him before. Just please remember what I told you" he said softly. I nodded before hugging him again tightly. "Thanks Bam Bam" I said "But I'm a big girl, please remember that" I said again. He nodded his head and smiled. "Oh and uh Missy's coming over" he said hesitantly. "What?!" I yelled. "Listen Miranda she's my girlfriend and I love her and you're just going to have to deal with that" he said. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "Fine" I said simply before walking upstairs. I could hear Bam's feet coming after me as I threw all my things into a bag. "What are you doing?" he asked me in surprise. I heard other footsteps and when I looked behind me everyone was watching. "What the hell does it look like Bam?! You're a complete idiot! You said you didn't want to see me get hurt, well guess what asshole! I don't want to see you get hurt either and that's all that's going to happen!!" I screamed. "So I'm leaving. You want me to deal with it, fine I will, but I'm not gonna be the one to tell you everything's okay when she fucks the whole state again!!" I continued. "Miranda please don't do this" Johnny said out of nowhere. I shook my head and felt tears fall down my face. "Bam you're one of my best friends, but you are so stupid. I'll stay, but I get full permission to beat the shit out of her" I said as I pushed past him. I heard footsteps behind me as I stomped outside. "Were you really gonna leave?" I heard the voice that sends shivers up my spine say. I nodded my head as more tears fell. "So what changed your mind?" Johnny asked as he handed me a cigarette and lit one up himself. "You" I said quietly. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. "I've only known you guys for two days and I already love every single one of you" I said into his chest. "Well Miranda I've loved you since the moment I saw you lying in that bed when you were only 18" he confessed. When I looked up I saw him smiling down at me. He leaned down as I leaned up. He kissed me passionately as we stood outside. It felt like we were the only two people in the whole universe. "Damn" Johnny said as we pulled apart causing me to giggle. "You don't know how long I've wanted to do that" he sighed. "I think I have a pretty good guess" I laughed lightly. He smirked and kissed me again, but this time the kiss was hungrier and rougher. "Don't try to leave me ever again" Johnny said quietly. I shook my head. Could I trust myself not to hurt him though? I was known for packing up and leaving. No I could trust myself, I was new person. This was a fresh start for me.